Developer: Zen Carrot
Current Version: 1.1.1
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 2.2 MB - Download
iClapper Pro allows you to control your Mac remotely by clapping your hands.
The multiple-stage algorithm and adjustable settings system provide high clap recognition accuracy.
You can assign any action to a certain number of recognized claps, as well as to a combination of claps! For most irretrievable actions, such as computer shutdown, you can set up an execution confirmation.
- Tracking the input sound signal to recognize handclaps.
- Advanced calibration to fit your clapping and room acoustics.
- Adjustment of manual recognition parameters to best fit your surrounding environment.
- Several predefined actions to work with your screensaver and iTunes.
- Ability to create any custom AppleScript action.
- Two types of action triggers: multiple claps and clap combinations (multiple claps with pause between them).
- Ability to set up a confirmation for most irretrievable actions (such as shutting down your Mac).
- Input device selection.
- Growl notification support.
- Speech synthesizer notification support.
- Notifications by playing mnemonic sounds for best usability.
- First run calibration and tutorial.
(!) Please note that for best clap recognition your clapping should be loud and clear. Don't clap too fast. Clap recognition decreases proportionally to the level of surrounding noise.
- Bug fixes and UI improvements.
Most Helpful Reviews
Extremely useful, yet- - this app is really good to impress your friends but the only problem I had was the fact that iTunes took a LONNGGG time to open rather than just clicking on it. The iTunes icon took like 5 bounces on the dock for it to show up, and only 2 when you click it with your mouse. Good try with the growl Notifications. I think the sound effects were pretty futuristic! I would wait until they come up with new features before downloading this app.
Really cool, but a waste of money. - I tried out the free version and thought it was really fun! So, I figured why not spend the extra money on pro version. I, personally, never find time to use this app. By the time you clap, you could have already pressed the next button on your computer. You cannot have your music high, especially if you are playing dance music, because it will register some of notes/beats as claps and perform a certain action. It has even opened up applications that have set four claps to. I have found that being able to use applescript is helpful when you want to open up other programs. The app just does not perform well in a loud environment or when you are playing your music loudly. Personally, I would get the free version and buy the single upgrades, such as the iTunes pack. Also, you have to clap fairly loudly for it to register; by the time if clapped three sequences, my hands hurt and they're red. It's a waste of money, and doesn't really help you in the long run.
More Reviews for Current Version
Good job! - Thanks for adding new actions and b/w icon!
Works, but not with music on - I tried it it today, because I found it a cool idea to play, pause and skip music with the clap of the hands. It works, as long as iTunes music plays at a very low volume. As soon as the volume reaches a certain level, the beats of the music trigger iClapper and it starts to do weird things. I was not able to train this app that well, that it did not respond to music beats but just to my claps. Without music playing it works well, but then I don´t need, so I deleted it. Worth a try.