Developer: Andrey Prygunkov
Current Version: 1.4
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 237.8 KB - Download
iCanCut adds the ability to cut and paste files and folders in Finder using keyboard hotkeys Cmd+X and Cmd+V. A small icon in the menu bar indicates the program status.
The list of features includes:
- cut and paste items in Finder using convenient hotkeys Cmd+X and Cmd+V;
- iCanCut is a separate application (not a plug-in, driver or system extension), which doesn't affect any system files. Just start the app and you can use the hotkeys;
- if a destination folder contains the items with the same names an overwrite dialog similar to one in Finder appears;
- the actual moving of items is performed by Finder (iCanCut sends commands to Finder to do the task) instead of moving files by the application itself. That has many advantages: the move operation is safe as you would expect from Finder, a progress dialog appears if necessary (if moving between volumes), the long operation can be safely cancelled, undo is possible (Cmd+Z);
- the app doesn't put an icon to the Dock but shows a small icon in the menu bar (near clock);
- the app can be configured to start automatically at login;
- after the files are cut with Cmd+X only the names of affected items are placed into pasteboard. The files remain in the source folder until the Paste operation is executed. You don't lose any files if you forget to paste;
- the icon in the menu bar indicates if the cut operation was successful. It also changes when the pasteboard content was overwritten by any other application;
- advanced hotkey handling ensures the hotkeys are active only in Finder. That eliminates any possible problems and unexpected keyboard behavior in other applications.
Updated contact information.
Most Helpful Reviews
Does exactly what it says it will do…and in Lion. - Wanted a cut -- not just copy -- capability from within Finder as I frequently want to move files in one process step with familiar quick key strokes (eg: Command-X, Command-C). This app does as advertised, with no disernible issues. Stable and effective.
More Reviews for Current Version
Basically it works, but need improvement. - It can only cut-paste one at a time, can't do multiple jobs simultaneously. please fix it.
It Works! - A boon for former Windows users. Never understood why you couldn't do this natively. Best $3 you can spend to upgrade your Mac.