Developer: TopLineSoft Systems
Current Version: 1.3
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 4.3 MB - Download
3-in-1: Several essential apps in one package.
"iBox" is a collection of 3 apps:
- Disk space analyzer (app "iDisk")
- Duplicate finder (app "iDouble")
- Archiver (app "iZip")
1) App "iDisk" - Disk Space Analyzer.
- Scanning for any volumes and folders.
- Instant statistics for volumes (total/free space).
- Scanning progress as number and pie indicator.
- Cancelling of scanning in progress.
- Re-scan for completed items.
- Animation of chart transitions.
- Chart navigation history with "Back"and "Forward" commands.
- Clickable multi-segment path control.
- Arbitrary chart orientation - rotation by dragging it with the mouse.
- Dynamic chart re-coloring - chart sectors will never look the same!
- Summary status bar for currently highlighted chart segment.
- Top list of files in a floating window.
- Grouping of small chart items into single distinctly colored group.
- Files and folders distinction - files are shown as shorter segments on chart and as rings-shaped bullets in list.
- In-app file deletion with drag-and-drop from chart or top list.
- Total size of items selected for deletion.
- "Open In Finder", "Get Info", "Quick Look" for items on chart and top list.
- Option to exclude hidden files from scanning.
2) App "iDouble" - Duplicate Finder
- Grouping several volumes/folders in one scan.
- Settings for minimum scanned file size and excluded paths/extensions.
- Fast and reliable method of duplicate search using SHA-1 hash.
- Grouping of the duplicates by file type (Video, Images, Documents, etc).
- Interactive chart showing distribution of duplicates by file type.
- Sorting of the duplicate groups by different fields.
- Name filter for duplicate groups.
- Total/selected number of items in each duplicate group.
- In-app Quick Look preview for duplicate item.
- "Open In Folder" command for duplicate item.
- "Auto Select" and "Deselect All" functions.
- Indicators for total size/count of duplicate and size/count for duplicates selected for removal.
3) App "iZip"- Archiver
- Unpacking for 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP, WIM, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR and Z.
- Packing for ZIP, TAR, 7z.
- Encryption with password.
- Drag & Drop packing and unpacking.
- Quick look without unpacking.
- Archive file list sorting by name, size, packed size and modification date.
- Finder context menu integration
App name is changed.
Bugs are fixed.
Most Helpful Reviews
Excellent app that does the job - One best application that I downloaded in recent times. I really liked it !!!
More Reviews for Current Version
Time saving duplicate finder; some functionality issues have developed - I use the iDouble duplicate finder app. Considering what it does, it’s no wonder it takes some time to analyze. I usually let it run overnight. It’s great in finding all those duplicates, even on my 12TB, gigabit (ethernet) redundant RAID (6)! There are options for automatic duplicate deletion, but I like to err on the side of caution and parse through all the flagged items, keeping what I want in the correct folders and deleting the rest. Time consuming, yes, but much faster with this tool than using Finder to search for each filename individually. I have come across a bit of a problem, however: I recently tried to find duplicates on my (half full), Thunderbolt-attached 8TB RAID (0). It scans to about 20% complete, then just seems to hang. I admit to being a “pack-rat”, so there is a lot of “garbage” on this drive I’d like to eliminate. I’d normally give this app, just based on iDouble alone, a 4- or maybe even a 5-star rating, but with this latest problem, it only ranks a 3 . . . possibly less if I cannot manage to resolve the Thunderbolt drive issue.