Developer: Tomoyuki Okawa
Current Version: 1.0.4
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 1.7 MB - Download
- Scan Pictures for Faces, Filtering Faces -
// Description //
faceBlock is a desktop application that utilizes OSX‘s Core Image to detect faces on pictures so that they can be isolated as separated images or entire pictures can be exported with faces filtered. It has two modes. If you set the mode switch to Detection, faceBlock will show you which face is detected in a given picture. The main objective of this application is to let the user hide faces. So switch to the Face block mode. Then select an effect to apply to each picture. For now, there are five effects to choose from: CIDiscBlur, CIDotScreen, CICrystallize, CIPixellate, CIExposureAdjust. After adjusting some values, you can export all pictures with faces covered. Or you can also batch-export each face as an image.
// Features //
1. Read multiple pictures at a time with OpenPanel or a drop box.
2. Apply one of five Core Image effects to faces and cover them. Control the opacity value, coverage value, intensity value to to apply the current graphic filter effectively.
3. Apply the same effect to all pictures in the list. (Choose Picture > Apply Effects To All.)
4. Use the Detection mode to see which face is detected and which is not in a preview screen.
5. Batch-export faces as image files.
6. Batch-export all pictures with detected faces covered with selected filters.
7. Language: English only.
8. The application supports the Retina display.
9. Application file size: 2.1 MB
10. The application comes with a complete user’s guide written in English. (Choose Help > User’s Guide.)
// System requirements //
1. Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or higher
2. 64-bit system
3. A computer with a display monitor capable of showing at least 520 x 747 pixels
// Limitations //
1. faceBlock is designed to open the following picture types: BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PDF, PNG, PSD, TIFF. Note that a picture must have at least 128 x 128 px in dimensions.
2. A face is defined as a human part with two distinctive eyes and lips. faceBlock can fail to detect a face without them. It can fail to detect a face with glasses.
3. faceBlock supports the following graphic formats so that the user can export face images and entire pictures with faces covered: BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, TIFF.
4. The user can only apply one effect to each picture.
5. The same effect applies to all faces within the same picture. The user cannot apply a graphic effect to selective faces.
6. The preview window is not resizable and only capable of displaying a filtered picture at actual dimensions.
7. Alias files cannot be used when selecting and opening images.
1. Fix: The application could fail to read the selected images if the system language is anything other than English.
2. Deprecated methods and functions are fixed.