fScanX Home Edition
Developer: Elevated Software Development, Inc.
Current Version: 1.8.11
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 4.3 MB - Download
• fScanX Home Edition supports the following Fujitsu document scanners: fi-series models fi-5110 & fi-6110; and ScanSnap models fi-5110EOX, fi-5110EOX2, fi-5110EOXM, S500, S500M, S510, S510M, S1500 & S1500M. (This “Home Edition” of fScanX does not support any other scanner models–our web site has information on the regular edition which does support higher-end document scanners.)
• All fScanX products are designed from the ground up for Macintosh users & Mac OS X, offering a streamlined document scanning application, with the full rated performance of the scanners.
• fScanX also includes an Automator action for building workflows that incorporate scanning. This is a uniquely simple, flexible & Mac-like way to automate common scanning tasks using a “drag, drop, fill in the blanks” interface.
• Adds support for ScanSnap models S500, S500M, S510 & S510M.
• Slightly reduces memory usage.
• Clarifies error message about unsupported scanners.
Most Helpful Reviews
Great for the Old PC only ScanSnaps - I have one of the first ScanSnaps, the fi-5110EOX2, which only had Mac software for their Japanese market. There was a way to change the Japanese text to English, but the drivers no longer worked with Lion or Mountain Lion. This software allows me to use my old scanner without having to resort to Parallels! Great job.
Cripple Ware - Bought this after researching on the web to find support for my fujitsu 6130. So I purchased the program only to find out that the version on the app store will allow me to scan with my 6130, but it puts a big watermark over it saying my scanner isn’t supported. Basically it’s $40 cripple-ware trying to get you to shell out for the more expensive version. :-(