Developer: Joachim Heinzmann
Current Version: 1.51
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 4.5 MB - Download
The most digital pictures include information (metadata, e.g. Exif data), with witch camera they have been taken and their settings as exposure time, aperture, recording time, etc.
There is much software that makes these information available extensively. But many applications are slow and not straight forward to use.
If you like to have a fast and clear representation of the most important information, that can be very easily accessed with the Finder's context menu or with application services, exiFinder is exactly the right application for you.
exiFinder has the following partly unique features:
▪ Display of picture information with the Finder's context menu or with Drag&Drop.
▪ Modify single information from single or multiple pictures.
▪ Remove all important information at one time from single or multiple pictures.
▪ Rename pictures with the Exif date.
▪ Export picture information to databases or spreadsheets.
▪ Display the location of a picture on a map.
▪ Display of pictures can be synchronized with the Finder or the Path Finder from Cocoatech.
▪ Which information and in which order they are displayed can be configured as desired.
▪ Separator lines can be added for a better overview.
▪ The information can be copied using the pasteboard or Drag&Drop.
▪ A fullscreen view with overlay able, free selectable information.
The following medadata can be edited:
▪ General: Date Time Original, Orientation, Owner Name
▪ Geo: Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Direction
▪ IPTC: Title, Headline, Caption/Description, Creator, Location, Copyright Notice, Keywords
List of all 58 supported photo information:
Name, Path, Document type, File size, Creation date, Modification date, Date Time Original, Image size, Image resolution, Exposure Time, FNumber, ISO Speed Ratings, Exposure Bias Value, Focal Length, Focal Length In 35mm Film, Subject Distance, Flash, Exposure Program, Exposure Mode, Scene Capture Type, Metering Mode, White Balance, Light Source, Pixel Width, Pixel Height, Digital Zoom Ratio, Compressed Bits Per Pixel, Max Aperture Value, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Sensing Method, Orientation, Make, Model, Software, Artist, Owner Name, Lens Model, DPI Width, DPI Height, Resolution Unit, Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Image Direction, Image Direction Reference, Color Model, Depth, Color Space, Profile Name, Title, Headline, Caption/Description, Creator, Location, Copyright Notice, Keywords.
▪Synchronisation with the Finder removed (OS X Lion and Mountain Lion)
▪Improvements in renaming pictures
▪Improvements in editing metadata
▪Added information: Image Direction
▪Many small improvements
More Reviews for Current Version
Like a lot - I use the context menu option and find it convenient and useful--works as advertised. I would recommend this program.
Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't - I have been able to remove EXIF info from a file but unable to add back all of the fields I want despite them being checked off in the app. I’m not sure why it can add back certain fields but not others. I wasn’t expecting much for $1.99 and that’s exactly what I got, not much. Perhaps the developer could do an update? It’s been 2.5 years since the last one.