Developer: Xelaton Software
Current Version: 1.4.0
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 1.5 MB - Download
With eBookBinder you can create your own eBooks using your existing text-documents in a fast and covenant fashion. There are just three steps to your very own eBook:
1. Enter book details:
Name of the book and its author, add an image for the book-cover, webpage of the publisher and other details can be entered. There is no need to fill all fields, at least you have to enter a name for your book.
2. Add text-files as chapters to your book-project:
Every single text-file you add to eBookBinder is treated as a single chapter. Give your chapters a name and order them by drag'n drop to your desired sequence of chapters.
3. Create your ebook:
Just hit the "Bind Book"-Button and eBookBinder will compile the ebook for you. That's all!
What can be added to eBookBinder?
eBookBinder supports several different types of text-files. Next to plain-text files also doc-, odt-, rtf-, rtfd-, html-, webarchive-, Textbundle- and Textpack.files are supported by eBookBinder. But that's not all!
Support of markup-languages
eBookBinder also accepts plain-text files as input with markup-formatting of following languages: Markdown, MultiMarkdown, Textile, Wikitext, BBCode, Smark
These will be converted on the fly when adding them as chapters to your book-process. Visit the preferences of eBookBinder to determine the file-extensions which should be treated for conversion. All files with appropriate file-extensions will be converted when imported.
Additionally there's the cool splice-feature for markup-formatted documents. If activated (option within preferences), eBookBinder can automatically split (by using headlines as new chapter-beginnings) large documents into small chapters.
Your compiled eBook-project will be saved as an ePub-File. EPub-files can be read by a variety of ebook-readers and by the iBook-application for iOS-Devices like iPhone or iPad.
On the left of the eBookBinder main-window all your book-projects are being listed. You can add and remove as many book-projects as you like.
In-built editor for your chapters
eBookBinder also features an in-build editor which offers some basic editing features like setting text bold, inverse or underlined and alignment of text. However, the best feature of the editor is the "Reduce-Feature": Select the text you want to keep and hit the reduce button, anything not selected will be removed. This is ideal for editing web-articles to remove all the advertising- and navigation-stuff quickly.
Advanced features are the adding of custom HTML-heads to the chapters and custom CSS-stylesheets. Also take a look at the preferences and add some basic values, so you don't need to write them down every time you create a new book-project.
Other notable features:
- optional dark-mode
- international character-set support (Chinese, Russian, Greek etc.)
- Image-, Video-, Audio-files in chapters (only RTFD, Textbundle and Textpack)
- import of DRM-free ePubs
- suitable for VoiceOver
- Export of projects to share them with others
- sort-functions for chapters
- automatic (optional) creation of a table-of-contents page
Note - Changed System-Requirements: eBookBinder requires macOS 10.10 or higher
Note - Changed internal save-structure: eBookBinder 1.4.0 uses a new internal save-structure. When using eBookBinder 1.4.0, you should avoid further use of an older version of eBookBinder
- Textbundle- and Textpack-files have been added to the list of supported files which can be imported
- support for embedded video- and audio-files in RTFD- and Textbundle-/Textpack-files
- rearranged preferences
- chapter-files can now added to the chapter-table using drag'n drop
- new appearance for the dark-mode
- when using the dark-mode, the chapter-editor also gets a dark appearance
- new markup-transformation-engine implemented
- several elements of the user-interface adjusted to match the appearance of the laters macOS versions
- many internal elements of eBookBinder optimized or reworked
- website-links in the menu-bar have been updated
- improved saving when adding chapters to a project
- help-files updated
Most Helpful Reviews
This developer “gets it”! - Open standards. Open formats. Keep It Simple Sam. I have every one of this developers’ products and couldn’t be happier. I sync all my notes on my Synology DiskStation. I don’t use “the cloud”. Everything works flawlessly. Plus, I have the peace of mind knowing that all my data is in an easy to migrate format (markdown usually) and not housed in some proprietary database “locking me in” to a specific Company or software package. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! (Danke schön!)