Yummy FTP Pro
Developer: Martin Crane Limited
Current Version: 1.11.14
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 11.4 MB - Download
Yummy FTP Pro is an advanced Mac file transfer app which provides a full-featured professional toolkit combined with blazing speeds and impeccable reliability, so whether you want to transfer a few files or a few thousand, schedule backups, edit and maintain websites, even automate transfers, you need this time-tested and truly dependable app.
Why use Yummy FTP Pro?
- Get the fastest and most reliable file transfers available on the Mac
- Schedule one off or repeating transfer or folder synchronization tasks
- Manage websites with file management, editing, diff, preview, & sync tools
- Create FTP drop folders on your Desktop for quick and easy uploading
- Get frequent free maintenance + feature updates
- Fast and free technical support when you need it
- Full FTP/S + SFTP + WebDAV/S protocol support
- Easy-to-use, clear and simple user interface
- Site Bookmark manager with auto sync across Macs
- Comprehensive logging of all actions taken
- Bandwidth limiting to play nice in a shared network
- Directly open and view local and remote folders in the Terminal
- File/folder filtering to allow specific exclusions or pattern matches
- Get notifications, OS-style or even by email
- Import favorites from your old app to be up and running in no time
And tons more... Just try it and we're sure you'll agree, it truly is YUMMY FTP!
- Bug fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Great FTP client…even better support! - My search for a new FTP client came down to Yummy FTP and Transmit, both very good applications with great reviews. While using both apps in the trial period I had two questions for each app which I submitted to the developers. Yummy FTP had both answers back in email in less than ten minutes and from the folks at Panic Software (Transmit) I received an automated email saying (paraphrased) "We're really busy working on two other projects and it will take about five days to answer your email". It took me about as long to make up my mind which product to purchase as it did for Yummy FTP to answer my email. Thanks for a wonderful application and superb (and very fast) technical support.
Terribly buggy - It seems that the basic FTP functionality works, but the synchronize function is so buggy that I don’t dare use it to sync between my local dev site and my live Internet site. It constantly reports that files that really, truly do exist do not exist, and adds them to the sync job. The exclude from sync is so messed up from a UI perspective that I have no idea what’s really selected for inclusion or exclusion. The graphics that are supposed to identify when something is excluded don’t consistently show up, so it’s a total guessing game. With these two bugs alone, the software is worthless for what I wanted to use it for. The file diff function is just broken. I’ve selected two files, one local and one remote, and selected diff, and the app seems to download the remote file (no idea to where), and the nothing happens. No diff, nothing. Don’t be fooled by the screenshots on the app overview. The slick little red and green, which I had assumed was a visual indicator of what is or is not included in the sync job, or possibly of file diffs, are not automatic and not really useful. You’ll need to go through file by file to set those if you want to use them, and it won’t auto update when things change. Complete waste of money, don’t buy this if you need anything more than a basic, attended, single-file FTP solution.
More Reviews for Current Version
Very tenacious with poor connections - I’m not a super-fan of the default settings and I do wish they could be saved or exported/imported. For example, I remove all of the toolbar items - they’re redundant as the context menus are so complete. Where shines though is the ability to set infinate retries on transfers - no matter how poor the internet connection, no matter how many times the ISP goes out, the files get transferred and that’s a job well done. If that were the default setting, it’d suit me perfectly.