Tired of manually lowering your headphone volume when someone talks to you? Xmart Volume does this automatically for you! It even restores your headphone volume after the conversation!
Xmart Volume utilizes the built-in mic of your Mac or iSight to perform active volume control for you. It actively “listen” to the environment sound level and turns down your headphone volume when it detects any sound which is louder than the "background noise"*. This is useful when, e.g., you wish to “increase your chance” of hearing message from the “outside world” while enjoying music with your headphones on.
- Smart Active Volume Control
- Environment sound level monitoring
- Background noise level adaptation*
- Response sensitivity adjustment
- Macs with built-in microphones or iSight
- Macs with stereo headphone output
- Stereo headphone/earphone connected
WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY:
“... Never miss another phone call with your headphones on again. Just one awesome use amongst many! Plus, when my 4 year old says, "I got to go potty!" I hear it. Priceless.” - revjeff1
“... too innovative and useful tools.... Xmart is just a tool any traveler would love... hatsoff to the idea and simplicity..” - Sharath Palavalli
“Are Macs are slowly becoming self aware...” - Rods76
* After you clicked the Start button, Xmart Volume takes approximately 1 second to calibrate to the background noise level. Xmart Volume may not perform well in very noisy environment.
Most Helpful Reviews
Good idea - It's not perfect, but this App helps if you stream tv shows that have sporadic LOUD commercials- helps regulate the volume so you're not blasted away by, "WATER-ACTIVATED FORMULA IN THE NEW HERBAL ESSENCE...!!!!!!!!!!!!" At last, my dog may stop barking at my Mac.
More Reviews for Current Version
Very Good, but sensitive. - This app is specifically helpful when I'm doing my homework, but I need to hear my dad shout up the stairs when the music is too loud. It's very sensitive, so you'll have to tune down the sensitivity in system preferences when you want to use it. Other than this, its a great app, and should be among the top 10 in productivity!