XCOM Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition
Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
Current Version: 1.2.2
Last Updated: 15 days ago
Download Size: 13.6 GB - Download
XCOM, the Extraterrestrial Combat Unit - humanity’s last hope.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
An electrifying combination of turn-based tactics, global strategy and sophisticated role-playing, XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition puts you in charge of XCOM, a top-secret military organization responsible for defending Earth from a devastating alien invasion.
Take command on the battlefield while you simultaneously develop XCOM’s headquarters, train and equip its forces and negotiate with national governments. As civilian attacks and abductions work to create worldwide panic, you must outsmart and overpower your mysterious enemies before government funding for XCOM dries up completely.
• A beautifully realized re-imagining of the groundbreaking classic X-COM: UFO Defense.
• Command XCOM’s soldiers in tense turn-based battles where each decision could be the difference between game-changing gains or devastating losses for humanity.
• Expand the XCOM base, manage its resources, oversee international relations and control Earth’s satellite coverage and air defenses.
• Recruit, customize and equip an elite squad, then upgrade each soldier’s unique skills and abilities as they gain experience in the field.
• Recover artifacts from battle and use them to research and build powerful technologies that can be turned against the invaders.
• Mix and match aliens and soldiers to create powerful squads in LAN and online multiplayer.
• XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition includes the Slingshot and Elite Soldier Pack add-on content, as well as the Second Wave update, which includes a series of gameplay modifiers that add further depth and flexibility to the campaign.
Important information regarding XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Elite Edition:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at [email protected]
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 15GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and NVIDIA 8xxx series. The following graphics cards require 8GB of system RAM: Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 9400 and NVIDIA 320M.
• You can find out more about the game on the XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Elite Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/xcomenemyunknown
© 1994-2013 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., 2K, 2K Games, Firaxis Games, XCOM, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, XCOM: Enemy Within, and their respective logos are trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998-2013, Epic Games, Inc. This software product includes Autodesk® Scaleform® software, © 2013 Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk, and Scaleform are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. DTS and the DTS Symbol are registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. and DTS Digital Surround is a trademark of DTS, Inc. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. The content of this videogame is fictional and is not intended to represent or depict an actual record of the events, persons, locations, or entities in the game’s setting. The makers and publishers of this videogame do not in any way endorse, condone or encourage engaging in any conduct depicted in this videogame.
• Fixes a bug that prevented XCOM: Enemy Within from launching on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Most Helpful Reviews
Great, wonderful, can’t put it down! - Ultimately, the revitalization of the xcom series helps set this game (particularly the re-re-imagining of the game via Enemy Within) as one of the best turn based games of the last few years (you don’t have to take my word for it, check out any game rating site, or meta critic). This game is worth every penny. It’s one of those games where you may have other, blockbuster, fantastic games to get into… but all you’ll want to do is play XCom. Seriously though, get the enemy within expansion pack. It re-tells the game the way (I suspect) the original developers wanted to, but didn’t get the chance to do because of crushing deadlines for launching the original XCom enemy unknown.
Game of the year.. crashes every single time. - I purchased the game and the DLC at a cost of $80, and I'm unable to get more than three minutes into the game before it crashes. I watch the intro, attempt to play the first chapter, and --"XCOM quit unexpectedly"--. With a 2012 macbook pro w/ retina display, games such as Borderlands 2 and Bioshock Infinite work flawlessly. Why XCOM fails, I don't know. I've sent numerous reports to apple and feral interactive, desperate for some troubleshooting on how to get the game to work. Until their magic fixes this extremely frustrating and disapointing issue (to which I've recieved NO response), I'm giving this "game" one star. I wish there was a 0 star choice--$80 for an unusable product is unacceptable on every level. Go ahead and buy the game if you're a digital masochist--all this game gives me is the urge to throw my laptop out the window.
More Reviews for Current Version
Can’t open game - I know it is a good game, but I can’t play it on my macbook pro 2015 with OS X 10.10.5. After I downloaded the game and clicked the shortcut, a window occurred showing some pre-settings. Then I clicked play and there was nothing showing except my desktop. Anyway I can’t enter the game, so some bugs need be fixed. I hope the upates can be released quickly.
Was really fun until... - I had never played this series and it was awesome until about the 4th or 5th mission when the game just repeatedly crashes. At least I only paid $10.
does not work with El Capitan - I got this game the day before I upgraded to El Capitan. It was working with Yosemite but can’t run on El Capitan. I hope the fix wil come soon….
Really laggy on the 2015 Macbook Pro 13" - Has nothing to do with my graphic settings, it lags on any setting you play on. It even lags right when you get to the menu.
Disappointing... - I purchased this at a discount. Apparently, the game is not compatible with OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). Who knew the reason for the discount was to sell a few more copies before it became unsaleable.