Developer: Zhiyu Liu
Current Version: 1.5
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 15.3 MB - Download
Wropper is the easiest way to archive web pages.
Drag & Drop web page link on Wropper's icon in menu-bar. Wropper will convert the web page to PDF with original layout then save the PDF to local disk and/or Amazon S3 in background. A link to the PDF will be automatically copied to your clipboard.
Wropper also support to archive web pages into safari webarchive format in version 1.5.
* Drag & Drop
* Convert web page to PDF and webarchive with original layout, format and embedded content.
* Automatically upload the converted files to your own Amazon S3 account. These files is absolutely under your control.
* Unique, downloadable link for the converted files with a specifiable expiration date.
* Automatically copy the link to your clipboard.
- Why PDF format?
Simple to read, annotate and share on different devices with retaining the original layout for most web contents.
- Why webarchive format?
The webarchive file format is available on Mac OS X and Windows for saving and reviewing complete web pages using the Safari web browser. It's the best way to keep consistent with the original pages.
- Here are some examples about PDF conversion, https://gist.github.com/3878154
Please note, there are some web pages will not be converted to PDF as expected.
* Web pages with iframe can't be converted correctly.
* Protected web pages, such as requiring access to login or certification can't be converted.
* Support to archive web pages into both PDF and webarchive formats.
* Compressed webarchive file to save your storage space.
* Structured directory for archives.
* Bug Fixes and Improvements.
More Reviews for Current Version
Does not work - I tried about several popular web sites like apple.com. More than half generated an error. The few that worked did not format correctly. Compare this to safari export to PDF which works everytime. This app is a fail.