Wotja Pro 2017 - Cut-Up Text + Generative Music
Developer: Intermorphic Ltd.
Current Version: 4.3.0
Last Updated: 2 days ago
Download Size: 68.4 MB - Download
Looking for new new ideas for lyrics, songs, poems, haiku, stories, copy writing etc.? Wotja Pro 2017 for macOS is the *non-subscription version* of Wotja. It uses the "Cut-Up Text" technique to help break creator's block and "Generative Music" & "Text-to-Music" techniques to create optional generative music mixes.
Wotja Pro 2017 has the same features and capabilities as the free Wotja subscription version with PRO tier active. It will be updated in tandem with the subscription version up until the end of 2017 after which time it will no longer be updated.
If you want further updates after that you would need to purchase the *next* non-subscription version or simply get the subscription version and purchase the IAP level that best suits you.
USE WOTJA TO:
• Help break writer's block with new ideas for lyrics, songs, poems, haiku, stories, copy writing etc.
• Play Wotja files, Wotja Box files & embedded Wotja URLs created in Wotja for iOS.
- Alternatively, make your own Wotja Files & Wotja URLs for free in Wotja for iOS!
• Play relaxing music
CUT-UP TEXT EDITOR:
Generate cut-up text to create new ideas and constrain by lines, words and syllables. Randomly select words from up to 5 user entered Source text fields + User Library + Wotja Word Bank or Word Database. Lock what you want to keep and iterate until you are done.
Choose how many lines and how many words per line to use in your cut-up and decide if you want Wotja to attempt End of Line (EOL) rhyming. Select a word to see alternatives. Wotja's fast, effective, iterative approach is a great way to come up with fresh and exciting word associations to explore.
Wotja for macOS lets you create an optional random generative music mix (which also utilises a text-to-music technique 'under the hood'). This fresh live music can help with the creative muse.
It also includes the Wotja Web Player with Safari App Extension letting it play .wotja and .wotjabox music files embedded in webpages as Wotja URLs.
P.S. Get Wotja for iOS if you want to create your own custom generative music.
Use random mix generation to quickly and easily create beautiful, personal reflective music to accompany your cut-up.
Wotja for macOS is not Liptikl 2 for macOS. It is a new creativity app that coopts it (and more besides, with more coming) and provides a forward migration path for files created in it. Bottom line: We're better able to improve usability and deliver important new features & creative possibilities.
• Guide: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/guide
• Forum: https://forum.intermorphic.com/viewforum.php?f=67
• Privacy: https://intermorphic.com/privacy
• Terms: https://intermorphic.com/tos
• If you make and/or share a wotja make sure you don't infringe the copyright of others.
• Wotja is required to play a Wotja File or Wotja Music URL.
• Wotja for iOS not included; available separately.
Please send it to @intermorphic on Twitter, via our forum or through our website contact form. We're always improving Wotja and we hope you find it to be useful. Thanks for your support & interest!
This update to Wotja is mainly focused on the Cut-Up feature, which we've made much more flexible and powerful.
NEW CUT-UP TEXT FEATURES:
- Syllables: The rule format has been extended to allow specifying how many syllables you want in a line; this is great for creating Haiku (which are 3 line poems with 5,7,5 syllables) as well as lyric ideas perhaps to fit to a number of notes.
- The rule format now supports value ranges for word and syllables and also naming of rules.
- A new rule editor is included that makes it easier to create new rules and modify existing ones.
- A new (non-editable) Wotja Word Database is included which can be selected instead of the user editable Wotja Word Bank and helps come up with some more unusual word combinations. You can configure this using the new controls in the Library screen (get to it by pressing the button to the left of the slider in the main cut-up screen).
- A new "Sources Only" cut-up mode that analyses the structure of the Sources text and lets you create cut-up with a more natural feel; in this mode the cut-up is created from Sources ONLY and it uses the active rule (ignoring syllables) but EOL rhyming and word locks are ignored. You can select this using the new button to the left of the main "Cut-Up" button.
- To use common terminology in both iOS and macOS versions we renamed the 3 panels to be "Cut-Up - Sources", "Cut-Up - Create" and "Cut-Up - Saved".
- In Cut-Up Create panel added new right click Lock all words/Unlock all words menu items.
- Cut-Up character counter now also shows syllables used in each line.
- Added new "Haiku" rule to the included default cut-up rules.
- A blank line can now be added to a cut-up by setting the line rule to 0.
- Bug fixes.