Developer: Jim Graham
Current Version: 1.4.7
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 2.6 MB - Download
WordSearch 4 is the successor to the widely acclaimed Word Search V3.
Please note this application requires a minimum display resolution of 1280 x 800
WordSearch 4 has been redesigned and written from the ground up but still maintains the ease of use and features of it’s predecessor with the enhancements available in a modern AppleMac application.
Input words to a document
• by typing them into a table
• by dragging and dropping a file containing words from the finder onto a WordSearch 4 document
• by importing a file containing words to a WordSearch 4 document
• by dragging words from one WordSearch 4 document to another one
• by dragging text from another program such as Pages, Textedit, Safari, Firefox etc.
• Attach clues to words
• Automatic, and user activated, spell checking of words and clues.
• Unlimited undo/redo in the input screen.
• in sizes from 8 x 8 to 32 x 32
• in up to 50 user defined shapes.
• A wysiwyg print preview display with the following:-
• Toggle between words and clues
• Full control of the printed title of the wordsearch
• Full control of the printed instruction to the user of the wordsearch
In the wordsearch section :-
• adjust font and size of characters in the wordsearch
• adjust spacing between characters in wordsearch
• toggle between lower and upper case characters
• adjust horizontal position of wordsearch on the page
• adjust vertical position of characters within the wordsearch frame
In the words section:-
• adjust font and size used in words
• adjust vertical spacing between rows of words
• adjust horizontal position of words on the page
• adjust number of columns of words
• scramble the letters of the words (anagrams)
• display the words in one of two coded fonts
In the clues section:-
• adjust font and size used in clues
• adjust vertical spacing between rows of clues
• adjust horizontal position of clues on the page
• Print multiple wordsearches each one created from the same words but each one being different from every other one.
• Print a solution to a wordsearch, even multiple wordsearches.
Minor bug fixes
Now runs correctly on retina screens
Recoded sections to ensure program will run in future versions of the OS
Most Helpful Reviews
An Incredible Program! - I have owned WordSearch since February of 2002, when I was on OS9. I recently retired from teaching after 31 years, and I can safely tell you that I still LOVE using WordSearch with my outside organizations. When I was a Fine Arts Chair all that time, the teachers would ask me to do their word searches because mine looked so professional. I hunted all over looking for a good one. After several false starts, I found this one. I'm glad I did because it's extremely flexible, and easy to use. But don't let it fool you, it's got lots of power under the "hood".
More Reviews for Current Version
Excellent, versitile program - I have been using this for several yeare to macke custom Word Search puzzles for 2 newspapers. It haz an intuitive inerface and produces high-quality PDFs that print well in a oublishing program.l hope that it is 64-bit so I can continue using it. It does appear to be 64-bit yay!