WinZip - The leading zip unzip and cloud file management tool
Developer: WinZip Computing LLC
Current Version: 5.0.3188
Last Updated: 11 months ago
Download Size: 13.2 MB - Download
Experience the power of WinZip®–on your Mac! Access key features more easily, zip and protect with confidence, and seamlessly connect to cloud services with WinZip Mac 5.
• Zip and unzip files instantly with WinZip’s trusted compression
• Protect files with strong AES encryption
• Share directly to Dropbox and Google Drive
• Share directly to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive and ZipShare, from within WinZip
• Successfully email large files and minimize storage needs
• Zip and unzip files instantly using simple, drag-and-drop tools
• Reduce file size for faster sharing and smaller storage
• Open major compressed file formats (Zip, Zipx, RAR, LHA, 7Z, JAR, WAR)
• Resize images any time you create an zip, and get two new resize options
• Password-protect confidential files and apply powerful AES encryption
• Re-use your password when additional encrypted files are added to a Zip
• Prevent unauthorized access of email attachments
• Encrypt individual files within a zipped folder
• Easily view and double-check your password with new Show Password
Package and Share
• Zip and encrypt Mac files to create smaller, safer email attachments
• Organize and compress files into small, logical groups that are ideal for sharing
• Zip files and folders for faster uploading/downloading times
• Easily share to Facebook, Twitter and other apps
Connect to your Clouds
• Connect to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive and ZipShare right from WinZip
• Easily zip and upload large files, or open zip files saved in the cloud
• Use Cloud Links to upload a file to your cloud service and quickly send a link to it via email
• Automatically get a link to paste into Skype or other apps when you upload your zip file to a cloud service
• Maximize cloud storage space by compressing files
1. Access key features more easily.
2. Share links to files in the cloud.
3. Encrypt files and/or resize images in a Zip file without having to unzip/zip it again, and more.
Most Helpful Reviews
It Works - WinZip has been around since 1991 and is a staple of modern computing. I purchased this for better zip management and zip encryption. As others have mentioned, encryption isn’t readily apparent, yet the support exists. Open WinZip, and create a new zip file. Click the "Add" button on the tool bar to add files to the archive. From the Finder window that pops up, click the "Encrypt" checkbox at the bottom, then enter in a strong archive password twice. Click the "Zip" button, and you’ve got your encrypted archive. I would recommend going to the WinZip menu > Preferences, and changing the Encryption Method to "AES-256bit," which can only be extracted by WinZip (Encryption Method "Zip 2.0" provides password protection and compatibility for other OS's). I agree with others, there should be an "Encrypt" button on the toolbar. Beyond that, the program works as designed.
Worst App. - I don’t normally write reviews. But this application is so bad that I felt compelled to write one for this. It has never worked ever since I bought it (around 6-7 months back). Even though Mac provides a default utility to extract the zip contents, I wanted to be able to look at the contents of the zip file before extracting which is why I bought this application. The application opens the zip file and I could look at the contents, but when I try to extract the content, it throws an error MOST of the time. And I end up using the default application that Mac provides. I would not recommend this application to anybody.
More Reviews for Current Version
Horrible User Interface - The program does a better job, both in terms of speed and compression, than the Mac OS “Compress” built-in function. However, the user interface and extremely poor integration with the Mac Finder makes WinZip a real loser. There is no indication that a comression is in progress, so you never know whether it is doing the work or waiting for you to enter some more directives. Really shoddy piece of work.
Not even wrong - Just more of the same big promises, and big shoes to fill for the zip dynasty, with less than adequate follow through. I want my 30 bucks back. Already removed the app after multiple failures.
RAR - Will not open RAR files