Developer: NES Software
Current Version: 1.6
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 99.3 MB - Download
PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING :
ONLY FOR OS X 10.6 AND 10.7!!!
10.8+ USERS PLEASE CHECK OUT WINONX 2.
Run your Windows applications on OSX without the need of buying a Windows license. Well, you even do not need to install Windows. Just download WinOnX and you are ready to go within 2 minutes.
- WinOnX should only be used for applications which are not available for OSX. Whenever an application is available for OSX, we strongly recommend to use this version.
- You can look at http://www.winonx.com/compatibility/ to get some information how good your application might work with WinOnX which is an ongoing project. In case your Windows application does not work at the moment, there is a good chance that it will work after one of the next updates.
- In case your application does not work with WinOnX please drop us a note at http://winonx.com/feedback. We always try to improve the quality based upon your feedback.
- WinOnX is based on the open source Wine project. It is a layer which redirects the communication between an application and Windows to OSX. As a result not all applications are fully compatible. Most applications run fine, some run even faster but also some run slower or even crash.
- Fixes for Yosemite
New In Version 1.5:
- Fixed compatibility bugs related to OS-X 10.7.5 and 10.8.2
- Fixed a bug which caused problems during secure authentication
- Updated to Wine 1.4.1
New In Version 1.4:
With WinOnX 1.4, you can now install as many Virtual Machines (VM) as you like. This has the following advantages:
- You can install programs completely separate from each other.
- Programs can be launched with different system settings.
- Instead of deinstalling programs, you can just delete the appropriate VM.
Furthermore, a lot of bugs especially related to keyboard entries and the installation process of new programs were fixed.
New In Version 1.3:
- Added "File" menu for native OSX support to create multiple windows and open files
- Update to 'Wine 1.4'
- Improved 'Support Center'
- Several bug fixes
New In Version 1.2:
- WinOnX Support Center for automatic problem analysis
- Programs are started with a double click of the mouse
- Several languages are supported within the program
- Better support for multiple printers
- Improvement of full-screen view
- Crashes are kept under better surveillance
- Log files for every program
- Many minor bug fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
It’s great for five bucks! - For my needs this app is perfect. After many years using Windows for creative projects I decided to change to Mac. A couple of simple programs I use for storyboarding and animation lip synching did not run on my Macbook. Everything I have tried using WinOnX has worked so far, even a program that would NOT work on my windows 8 computer. I think the bad reviews here are from people who expect this app to create a fully functional PC. I don’t think you should expect that for five bucks, but what you can expect is to be able to run small Windows programs without much hassle. I’m not saying it’s for everyone or that it will work on everyting, but it worked for me so I’m giving it five stars.
Disgusted - I purchased this App prior to seeing the reviews, bad move. I tried to keep an open mind hoping the reviews would be wrong, but they are not. I have yet to find anything that will open and work in this App. I wasted money, time, and now study time to write a review about this horrible App. The Attorney General should see that this company refunds every single person that patronized them.
More Reviews for Current Version
Seems to have issues with El Capitan - It worked fairly well for what I needed it to before El Capitan upgrade, and flawlessly before Yosemite. I assume a fix is in the works since it seems to be broken for everyone who upgraded, and the last update was in September, so that would indicate there’s still a team working on it. So I’ll just have to be patient. I enjoy the simplicity of the app though and think it’s kind of petty of people to rate 1 star like it’s some kind of ultimatum motivator.
$5 lost nooooooo!!!! - waste of money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No loger works - No longer works after update
Not Responding - i bought this app thinking it would be useful but i guess I’m wrong, everytime i tried using it its always “not responding” making my mac slow
Crashes on startup - Consistently crashes immediately when trying to open a Windows app. Waste of money.