Developer: Adrian Granados-Murillo
Current Version: 2.3.1
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 3.1 MB - Download
Scan, monitor, and troubleshoot wireless networks with WiFi Explorer.
Quickly identify channel conflicts, signal overlapping or configuration problems that may be affecting the connectivity and performance of your home, office or enterprise wireless network.
Get an insight into the network details: name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), device manufacturer, signal strength (RSSI), noise, channel, band, security configuration, supported data rates, 802.11 information elements (IE), and much more.
• Suitable for home, small office, or enterprise networks
• Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
• Graphical visualization of the Wi-Fi environment
• Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80 and 160 MHz channels
• Works with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac networks
• Comprehensive app's help
• Signal quality ratings based on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
• Accurate conversion from dBm to percentage (%) for easier analysis and optimization
• Detailed description of information elements (IE) advertised by the access point for advanced troubleshooting
• Export metrics and network details to CSV file format
• Save results for later review and analysis
• Access point name discovery (if supported)
• Editable column for labels or annotations
• Selectable and sortable columns
• Adjustable graph timescales
• Quick filtering
• Customizable colors for easily tracking particular networks
• Full screen mode and split view support
Requires a Mac with built-in Wi-Fi. External Wi-Fi adapters are not supported.
• Fixed a crash in 10.9 and older systems.
• Fixed sorting of "Min Rate" and "Max Rate" columns.
• Fixed AP name parsing for Extreme Networks (formerly Zebra) APs.
• Fixed filtering by security type, and by channel width.
• Fixed export options to include missing fields.
• Improved identification of vendor name for Meraki APs.
• Improved accessibility.
If you find WiFi Explorer useful and have a couple of minutes, please share your thoughts by leaving a review in the Mac App Store. It will make a huge difference to me!
Found a problem or have a concern? Please visit the WiFi Explorer Support website, or @wifiexplorer on Twitter, and send me a message so we can resolve it.
Most Helpful Reviews
great app for finding wifi channel conflicts - can’t even begin to tell you how indispensible this app has been for me. biggest benefit has been in mapping out channel conflicts among wifi routers — when a wifi connection seems slow it’s often because the router is running on the same channel as a dozen other routers nearby. this program has helped me determine available wifi channels in any given area and has helped me map out optimal wifi router location by quickly mapping out dead zones.
Buggy with Yosemite - App needs to be fixed with the current OS X. The list of available networks changes rapidly and the strength of signal is inconsistent all the time. For instance, my WiFi signal strength changes from 95% to 30% without moving my computer. Please fix this app!
More Reviews for Current Version
Best Value Among WiFi Tools - This is the best value among tools for 802.11 analysis. WiFi Explorer has lots of features that are usually only found on products that cost much more. Developer is very responsive and is great about adding features - latest update (2.3.1) lets me see the AP name of my Zebra/Extreme AP’s. Thanks Adrian!
Top Notch well cared for. - This is just a smooth running app. It does what it is supposed to do, and works when you want it to. They keep the app up to date, which is just so huge these days. Thanks for helping me and others out with a great app.