Quickly customize your webcam's settings while using FaceTime, Photo Booth or Skype on your Mac.
◼ Pick of the Week 2012-07-16 Episode | GFQ Network
◼ Show picks from Alex Lindsay in MacBreak Weekly 313 | TWiT.TV
◼ Webcam tip by Chris Marquardt - Tech Guy Labs Episode 914 | TWiT.TV
Webcam Settings allows you to adjust settings including the exposure time, contrast, saturation, and white balance temperature for your webcam, whether it’s a Built-in iSight, a more recent FaceTime/FaceTime HD Camera or an external USB webcam.
• True hardware level control of your webcam.
• View changes in Real-time to your video as you move sliders and change other settings.
• Fully plug-and-play; Webcam Settings, automatically recognizes your USB webcam when it’s connected to your Mac.
• Automatically identifies various settings that your webcam supports.
• Feel free to try any different settings as “Reset to Default” button brings back original settings from your camera.
• Works with almost every video or photo app such as Photo Booth, FaceTime, iMovie, Skype, iStopMotion, Wirecast, Sparkbooth, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Jabber, Flash based webcam app and many others.
Supported Settings (varies between cameras)
• Auto-Exposure Mode
• Exposure Time
• White Balance Temperature
• Power Line Frequency (anti-flicker)
• Backlight Composition
Advanced Settings (Only Microsoft LifeCam Studio, Cinema, Logitech HD Webcam C525, C615, C910 and C920 support Zoom, Pan and Tilt, please check our website for camera support.)
* Webcam Settings support UVC (USB Video Class) webcam only; FireWire camera such as external iSight is not supported.
* Your USB webcam must be working on your Mac properly (function normally with FaceTime, iChat/Messages, and Skype) before it can be used with Webcam Settings.
• Add "Update Profile" button in "Profile Management" section.
• Fix an issue where multiple profiles with the same name may be listed in the menu.
Most Helpful Reviews
C920 & C910 working on OS X - finally! - This app is a terrific help in my setup where I use two Logitech cams simultaeously - a C920 and a C910. Webcam Settings works nicely & stores the settings for both cams, even when they're different. It works because the cams are plugged into separate USB busses (not just separate ports). The busses are both listed as "USB High-Speed Bus" (i.e. USB 2.0) on Snow Leopard's 'System Profiler.' I switch video from one cam to the other using the app CamTwist. The Logitech cams are excellent hardware but are known to be difficult to use on a Mac. Webcam Settings goes a long way towards providing an ideal USB webcam solution.
Worthless - No zoom function, can't even control brightness. Waste of money. Don't buy it.
More Reviews for Current Version
Lifecam 3000 HD - My webcam was completely washed out in white and I couldn’t be seen on Skype even in a dark room. This app fixed that problem and it took less than a minute to get it corrected. 8 bucks for an app is far better than 20 bucks for a new webcam!
Works very well - Just installed it, had a sucky Microsoft webcam to adjust and worked perfectly.
Works beautifully for me - This app has been a super addition to my iMac and MBP Retina. I’m using the built-in iSight cameras and its been essential for me to get good quality video for Skype, G+ Hangouts, Facetime, etc. The latest update made my life even easier by allowing me to update my profile. Great work Mactaris!!!!
Works Fine - I have a Late 2014 Macbook Pro 15” Retina with an Intel Core i7 2.8GHz Processor w/ Turboboost to 4.0GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB Solid State Drive, Dual Graphics Cards - Intel Iris Pro 1.5GB RAM & NVIDIA GeForce GT 750m 2GB RAM, and a Facetime HD Internal Camera. This App works and does what is states it does. These adjustments should be part of the OS, but since they are not, this app is worth purchasing for $7.99. It will make your video calls etc… look much much better. Gave it 4 Stars instead of 5 because I feel it needed more adjustments for my internal camera. Still, a very good rating and I would highly recommend this app.
Worked flawlessly with Logitech C920 - Worked great with my Logitech C920. I was able to quickly adjust my brightness, saturation and contrast to get an amazing picture. Without this software, my facetime camera was better than my Logitech. Now, the C920 is significantly better than the facetime camera.