Developer: PixelCut s.r.o.
Current Version: 1.2
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 3.7 MB - Download
Developed from the ground up with resolution independence in mind, the code generated by WebCode works great on both Retina and non-Retina displays. WebCode also imports SVG and PSD files, so if you already have some of these, you can easily reuse them.
Stop writing CSS3 gradients, shadows and media queries by hand - from now on, WebCode will do that for you. In fact, it will convert as much of your drawings as possible to CSS+HTML code! Rectangles, rounded rectangles, ovals, texts, images, gradients, inner and outer shadows, strokes and fills are all well supported. And for things like béziers that simply cannot be converted to CSS+HTML, WebCode will let you know by generating helpful warnings.
• Real time preview of every adjustment you make
• Prepared for the world of high resolution displays
• Drawing canvas can be switched to "Retina display" mode with a single click
Basic Shapes and Vector Drawing Tools
• Rectangles, rounded rectangles, ovals, béziers, polygons, stars and texts
• Boolean operations
• Text-to-bézier conversion
Code Generation & Export
• Real time generation of nice and readable drawing code
• Simple export of all generated source codes and resources
• PNG, TIFF, PDF export options
• SVG import
• PSD import allows you to import layer graphics, paths, text, groups and important layer effects from Adobe Photoshop documents
• New colors can be derived from the existing ones by changing their opacity, hue, brightness, etc.
• All derived colors are updated automatically when their base color changes
Library of Colors, Gradients, Shadows and Images
• Colors, shadows, gradients and images can be reused across your document
• Inner and outer shadows
• Linear and circular, multi-step gradients
• Images (with support for both Retina and non-Retina resolutions)
• You can define how complex drawings should behave when they are resized
• Shape coordinates and dimensions can be dynamically linked to user-defined frames
• Behavior of individual bézier control points can be customized
• Custom resizing behavior of group content
• Blend modes and clips
• Group shadow and opacity
• Improves compatibility with OS X El Capitan
• Bug fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Fantastic, and works great with PaintCode, too! - The app itself is amazing, but I was even more impressed with the ability to copy and paste items from PaintCode to WebCode and BAM! Instant Web AND Objective-C code from the same initial drawings. This not only cuts time off of hand-coding vector graphics, but also removes the learning barrier that might prevent developers from even considering it in the first place. Truly amazing software.
Terrible - This app is trash. Terrible quality (when used with retina display), works horribly when trying to import svg files built in other apps, and is extremely slow. I really wish I could get my money back.
More Reviews for Current Version
Minimal value if one owns any other vector tools - No rotation of objects, no snapping to grid, no smart alignment guides, but most of all no direct editing of code in the code “preview” window.
In serious need of an update - yea… I think this is slowly becoming abandonware...
In need of an update and/or merge with PaintCode - Two years ago, I could develop a custom interface and deploy it to iOS via PaintCode or Canvas via WebCode. That broke pretty quickly when PaintCode developed faster than WebCode. It’s sad, because we would be using PaintCode/WebCode instead of Sketch across our organization if we could deploy to any platform from one file.