WeatherBug - Weather Forecasts and Alerts
Developer: Earth Networks, Inc.
Current Version: 1.0.2
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 7.3 MB - Download
Get all the weather information you need straight from your menu bar with WeatherBug! See real-time weather conditions, get severe weather alerts, check the hourly forecast, and see a live radar view for all your favorite locations.
Download the weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world! Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts.
• Get quick access to detailed weather data for all your favorite locations
• See accurate current weather conditions and hourly weather forecasts
• Receive weather alerts directly in your menu bar so you can track severe weather
• View a live map for all your favorite locations
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Click through to our live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all National Weather Service watches and warnings
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download WeatherBug for your Mac today!
Get the latest version including new features requested by valued users like you! This new release includes:
• Menu bar getting too crowded? Now you can decide how much weather you want to see. Check out our new settings to see our new menu bar icons.
Send us your ideas on how to make WeatherBug even better to [email protected]
Most Helpful Reviews
Cool app with alerts. - I really like the alert feature in the app. The weather conditions in the menu bar changes to a red triangle when there is an alert. Then I can expand the menu icon to see the Radar map or goto the detailed website to see the weather/alert details by clicking specific area on the expanded app.
Not much info - WeatherBug’s iOS app is one of my favorite weather apps on my phone. It provides a lot of information, even a “Spark” feature for nearby lightning. I had high hopes that the Mac app would be similar, but it provides less information than any weather app I’ve used. The Mac app shows the temperatures forecast for the next 12 hours. It has an icon indicating the overall condition (clear, cloudy, etc.). There is a small radar display. That’s it. Although there is a preference area to set your choice of wind units and pressure units, it doesn’t show current or forecast for wind or pressure. It doesn’t indicate the chance of rain, there is no detailed hourly forecast, no 7- or 10-day forecast, no indication of sunrise and sunset times, and no description of today’s weather. It indicates the current temperature and conditions in the menubar, but many other free and inexpensive apps do that, while also providing a lot more information.
More Reviews for Current Version
Simple: It Just Doesn’t Work - For some reason this am[p can’t seem to find where I live ….using either ZIP COde or city it just never finds my location. Keep looking.
Useful addition to my Mac menu bar - love the new space-saving option! - Accurate and nice looking - I like having the weather and alerts in my menu bar. I’m happy to have the new option to just have the temp in the menu bar - while I likes the condition icon there too, I need more space in my menu bar for all of the other items I keep there.