Weather Widget Desktop
Developer: Voros Innovation
Current Version: 1.4.0
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 85.8 MB - Download
Always stay up to date with the weather with a stylish weather widget on your desktop! A selection of attractive widget designs to choose from.
Use the widget to give you an overview of the weather, or for a more in-depth forecast you can open the detailed weather window.
The Weather Widget app icon also gives you a brief forecast or overview of current conditions in both the Dock and the menu bar.
- Forecast locations worldwide
- Multiple locations support
- Imperial or Metric units (F & mph or C & km/h)
- Start at login option
- Choose from a selection of widget design options
- Move your widget anywhere on your desktop with the Click & Drag feature in the app preferences
- Option to resize your widget
- Option to change opacity of your widget (make it see-through)
- Hot corner functionality: set a hot corner to instantly reveal desktop & widget by moving mouse to that corner
- “Show Desktop” functionality: moves all windows away to show desktop & widget after a set period of inactivity
Menu bar Weather
- Menu bar can be set to show current temperature, forecast or wind
- One click on menu bar shows brief drop-down forecast
- Easy access to app menu to open detailed weather window and app settings
- Click the dock icon once to bring up the detailed weather window
+ Updated for High Sierra
+ Bug fixes
+ Forecast date is added to weather window
Most Helpful Reviews
Just what I wanted. - This gives me exactly the weather information I wanted. It’s easy to read, available on my desktop and top menu and is colorful. I like it.
More Reviews for Current Version
Temperature does not stay current - The graphics are great and functionally it is exactly what I want in a desktop app. But the temperature is updated so infrequently that it is often ten degrees behind what the weather actually is outside. For example, at 8 am it will say the temperature is 55 degrees. At 1 pm it will still say 55 degrees, even though the temperature has gone up to 66 degrees (as multiple other weather sources confirm). Eventually it catches up - by 5 pm it shows 72 degrees, which is the same as the temperature outside (as confirmed by other weather sources). In short: if you want to know what the temperature is right now, it’s useless.
Good, but annoying - What it does, which is what I need, it does well. However, I do not need a dialy notice that there is an upgrade which can be purchased. I get it after the first 60 times, seriously. I would be perfactly OK with a small ad area under the bottom if that is what it would take to get rid of the daily annoyance.
Accurate and Stylish. - This is the third desktop weather widget I’ve tried and I totally love it. It’s accurate and the features are easy to read. The graphics and animation's are extremely appealing. It updates immediately when I turn my computer on..which is surprising and helpful, as I don’t need to open my browser for a weather condition check.
good but hard to read - I like what it does; very convenient. I don’t want it huge but the letters are really hard to read (too small, or maybe it is the font that is hard to read) and even though you can make the background more opaque or transparent, I can’t make it totally solid color, to make the letters easier to read.
Great info, Too many upgrade requests! - Nice looking app, good quality info provided, but the upgrade requests are WAY TOO frequent!