Weather HD Lite - by Clear Day®
Developer: vimov, LLC
Current Version: 2.0.4
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 344.3 MB - Download
Weather HD (by Clear Day®) is an elegant weather app that made its debut on iPhone and iPad with its unique way of presenting weather through stunning videos. Weather HD for Mac is tailored and specifically designed for Mac OS X. And with weather maps (including animated NOAA radar), severe alerts and quick access to weather through menu bar, Clear Day makes a perfect balance of features you would need for knowing the weather on your Mac.
"Weather HD elevates the user, placing her at cloud level for a hushed real-time weather tableau that puts the web's goofy sunshine-rain-cloud icons to shame." - The New York Times in reviewing Clear Day for the iPad!
• Accurate weather forecast all-around the world supporting more than 2.5 million locations
• Severe weather warnings right from National Weather Service and MeteoAlarm (USA & Europe)
• Stunning high-definition animations that depict the weather conditions
• Animated NOAA Radar map covering the contiguous US, Australia, and Canada.
• Quick menu in the toolbar for quick access to the current weather conditions and alerts
• Detailed moon phases information including sunrise and sunset
• On-screen world clock showing every city's local time
• Weather data provided by world-class weather provider The Weather Underground
• 7-day and 3-hourly forecasts
• Precipitation and Humidity details
• Wind Chill and Heat Index
• Sunrise and Sunset
• Fahrenheit/Celsius and Miles/Kilometers
WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING
• Featured by Apple as app of the week!
• "The animations in Clear Day for Mac look simply stunning. I'm running the app on a 15-inch MacBook Pro and it just looks incredible" - TUAW: The Unofficial Apple Weblog.
• "Clear Day Will Change the Way You Get Your Forecast on the Mac" - CultofMac
• "This is a fantastic looking weather app for the Mac that combines beautiful interface elements with a cool window that displays animated views of the current weather conditions. It actually makes me want to check my weather even more often." - The Next Web.
• To add a city, click on Preferences, and in the window that pops up, click the "Add New City" button below the list of cities.
• To delete a city, click on Preferences, select a city, and click on the "Delete Selected City" button below the list of cities.
Upgrade to the full version to enjoy:
• No ads
• Adding unlimited cities
• Real-time severe weather alerts notifications
• Weather condition displayed right on your menu icon
If you have any questions, suggestions or encounter problems, please contact us at [email protected]
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ClearDay. Become a fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/goClearDay.
If you like Clear Day, please leave us a review on the Mac App Store. Your support would greatly help.
New in Clear Day 2.0.3:
• Radar is now supported in Europe.
Most Helpful Reviews
Awesome free app! - I love the look and feel but in order for you to get money out of me, the radar does need to be able to zoom in more. I know that you aren’t asking a lot for the paid app but that minor fix would say a lot about the people behind this app. Otherwise, It’s an awesome free app.
Ya never know, ya know. - App. won’t download from the app store.
More Reviews for Current Version
Clear Day - Had the full app for about 18 months. Was good. Liked it. And today I tried to use it and it was “damaged”. It said to delete it and download it. First of all you cannot delete it unless you have App Dapper. Or go into library and get the crap out of there. Now its $10. Thanks for taking away my app and now charging me for it.
Weather HD Lite - So far I enjoy the app. Thanks.
Good Weater App - Good weather app. User friendly and easy to find everything.
Weather HD Lite - A little better than average - The Weather HD Lite by Clear Day app could be better, but is better than most free weather apps. - It is visually appealing, seeing the animation of the type of conditions around you. - The Menu Bar icon provides easy access, but the draw back here is that the first click on the menu bar icon only shows your your cities list with their current temp. To get more details you have to click on the city. It would be nice if your primary location always showed the detail and if you want to see one of your other cities, click on one of them. - The application window is decent, but I would like to be able to shrink the window smaller than they allow. - The text of the conditions being viewed should be toward the top or centered to make it easier to see and read and not at the bottom left as it currently is. - The amount of detail is good. - It is nice that there is a map to view with option for radar, but the map is quite useless as you can’t zoom in far enough to see just your city. The farthest you can zoom in is to your state. - A view of the phase of the moon is available, but that’s more of a nice to have than anything that’s really important when all you want to see is what is the weather. - Another good thing is the Severe weather button to see any severe weather in the forecast. The two biggest dissappointments and reasons I won’t use Weather HD Lite as my primary weather app is because of the way it doesn’t show enough information when you click the Menu bar icon and the placement of the weather information in the applications main window.
Totally Useless - The radar is so tiny that it is useless and the forecasts are nonsensical… Overcast, 70º, Humidity 100%, Chance of Precipitation 10%… that while it is raining.