Developer: Nils Haldenwang
Current Version: 1.2
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 11.6 MB - Download
Vocabulary is *the* app to learn - well, vocabulary - and of course everything else you need to get into your head quickly and easily. Vocabulary uses a combined learning approach that allows long term learning success but as well lets you make sure you are well prepared for that next classroom test. With our iOS companion app and our VocabularyCloud webservice you can even sync and learn your vocabulary with your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
Some of Vocabulary's features:
- International: Learn about any language you want. Vocabulary is not one of those apps limited to just one language. You can create as many vocabulary sets as you want - one for each language you'd like to learn. And by the way - of course you can learn other stuff, too, history dates, math formulas, just about anything...
- Scientific: This is not just another question/answer app. Our internal spaced repetition learning system that leverages scientifically proven learning methods keeps track of your knowledge and makes you repeat just the things you were about to forget. Moreover, our system automatically detects which vocabulary you don't know that well and which you already do. Knowing that, our learning mechanism minimizes the time you need to learn and at the same time maximizes your learning success.
- Sync and Share: We integrated our VocabularyCloud service into Vocabulary - with an account from our website http://vocabularycloud.nicolasneubauer.com you can - with just one tap - synchronize all your vocabulary data and your complete learning progress to as many computers as you'd like and with our free app for your iPhone or iPod touch you can even learn on the go and sync back your progress later. If your friends use Vocabulary too and have a VocabularyCloud account you can maximize your learning efficiency by sharing vocabulary with each other.
- CSV-import and export: To download and insert predefined vocabulary please visit our website at http://vocabularyapp.net/import.php
- New search field to filter vocabulary in your database
- New learning modes for "quick" and "thorough" learning
- New label denoting the number of vocabulary in a level that is not displayed (because of not being due)
- OS X 10.7 Lion-compatibility
- Assorted enhancements
Most Helpful Reviews
Ripoff. Completely Evil. - Comes with no words (that's right) NO WORDS!!! Developer just ate my ten bucks for nothing. From their website FAQ: Q. I bought Vocabulary, so where's the vocabulary? A. We might want to ask you back: Which vocabulary? Do you want to learn Spanish? Arabic? Math-formulas? We could not possibly put everything in Vocabulary so we decided to put nothing in it. Everyone wants to learn different things and even if two people learn the same thing they might still use a different text book with different lessons and different vocabulary.
More Reviews for Current Version
So bogus. - Okay so I'm a student who works all the free time I have avaliable to me, I don't enjoy being mislead into thinking I'm downloading an interactive vocabulary program only to realize this thing has no vocabulary in it...ten dollars to me is breakfast lunch and a coffee, I thought i was making a smart investment but i just got conned. Not cool.
Is this a joke Apple? - Did anyone look at this before allowing it in the store? It does next to nothing. The app is empty, you are directed to another public web site to export and then import words into the app. The instructions are using an old version of text edit. It is the largest waste of money I have ever made. I hardly ever complain about an app, but this was an A#1 rip off.