Creating beautiful eBooks has never been easier.
Vellum is free to download, but requires an in-app purchase to generate your final, ready-to-upload eBooks.
• Open your manuscript with Vellum and you'll immediately see it as a book, divided into chapters.
• Use Vellum to edit your book, or even start a new book from scratch.
• Enhance your book with photographs, illustrations, maps, or any other kind of image.
• Choose from dozens of possible formatting options in Vellum's Style Carousel.
• As you make changes, see how your book will look in the instant, as-you-type Preview.
• With one click, generate your eBook for iBooks, Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and Google Play.
"The easiest ebook-builder on the market" — Serenity Caldwell, iMore
• Vellum will now prompt you to save an unsaved file before generating
• Small-caps appear in books generated using Vellum on OS X 10.11.4
• Italics defined in Word styles import correctly
• Ornamental breaks updated to avoid limitations of Amazon’s Enhanced Typesetting
• Large images are centered correctly for the Kindle Voyage and latest Paperwhite
• Quotation marks before drop caps have more consistent position across Kindle devices
• Grammar checking now highlights and replaces the specific words to change
• Addressed rare crashes that could occur when performing a Find operation
Most Helpful Reviews
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant (from a book publisher & author) - Let’s establish context, here. I don’t know about the other reviewers, except to say that if they are not giving his app full marks — well, let’s leave it at that. I’ve published prize-winning books with major university presses. Won heavyweight book awards. Sold tens of thousands of my books. My friends are university press directors and managing editors. Blah blah blah. You get the picture. Secondly, I’m a retired professor from an Ivy League university. Third, I run a tiny book imprint, with considerable success. One of our books sold worldwide, in the thousands, translated into 8 different languages. Discussed in leading, international media (newspapers, magazines, TV, radio). Etc. Okay. Vellum. Fabulous! This is my first foray into eBooks. I checked out other apps, other programs. Vellum beats the pants off them. To call this program elegant is an understatement. It’s intuitive. Brilliantly designed. Makes producing an eBook a pleasure. (Note: Producing books is not a pleasure, under normal circumstances.) The people who designed this: Take it from me, they’re brilliant. They know book writing and publishing. That is, they know the business. Their eBooks look and perform gorgeously on Kindle, iBooks, BookReader, etc. As for customer support: It’s outstanding. I have had occasion to ask several questions of the Vellum team — and they get back to me, often literally, in minutes. They have walked me through spots I was unfamiliar with. Even when I write to them in the evening, they respond. A final note. Their website. Visit it. (I make websites.) This is about the classiest website I’ve ever seen. Just like Vellum itself: the epitome of elegance. Calvin Luther Martin, PhD
29.99 for just a book!!! Are you insane? - I won’t even comment on whether the app is god or not, it is irrelevant, because at that price, I will never consider using it. What about Sigil? You can get an infinite amount of ebooks for free. Or Scrivener, where you pay once (an a very cheap price) and then you get all the benefits forever. Those prices are ridiculous. Sorry guys!