Developer: Vectr Labs Inc.
Current Version: 0.1.16
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 48.7 MB - Download
Free vector graphics software used to create graphics easily and intuitively.
Vectr is a simple yet powerful cross-platform graphics editor to bring your designs into reality. Get started immediately without the massive learning curve. Whether you’re working on graphics for marketing, logotypes, icons, website UI designs, brochures or vector art, Vectr’s intuitive tools let you focus on what truly matters - creating beautiful graphic designs.
Powerful vector graphics editor
• Precise and rock-solid vector graphics tools that work intuitively
• No learning curve
• AI, EPS, SVG, PNG, JPEG files import
• Scale designs to any size without losing clarity
• Easy to use pen tool - create curved and straight paths and modify them
• Intuitive freehand drawing tool - draw custom shapes
• Easily add lines, circles, rectangles and manipulate them
• Grouping layers - group layers and modify them together
• Corner radius - change the radius of any corners
• Create icons, website UI designs, logotypes, brochures, banners
Social and collaborative
• A unique shareable URL for every design
• Send anyone a Vectr document for real-time collaboration without the wait
• Others can watch you create and edit designs live, whether you’re in the web app or desktop version
• Post your designs to Facebook or Twitter in one click
Free forever and cross-platform
• Vectr’s basic graphics editor is free forever.
• Cross Platform - use Vectr on the web, or download to your desktop: Mac, Windows, Chromebook or Linux. We'll automatically save and sync your work in real-time, across all platforms.
• Open Roadmap - Vectr's open roadmap is a living document where our community gets together to shape what Vectr will become.
You may use Vectr anonymously, but we highly recommend signing up for a free account which is going to let you sync your designs between web and desktop.
Currently Vectr requires an Internet connection to work. In the future however we are going to make the app capable of working offline too.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a seasoned pro, or just getting your feet wet in design for the first time — you’ll be up and running with Vectr in no time flat.
Vectr now supports multiple keyboard shortcuts, has a new chat and works much faster thanks to the newest Electron.js version and other improvements! Moreover:
• We have fixed the problem with file extension missing when exporting and changing the file name.
• You can now close the app using Command+W shortcut.
• Resolved the problem with Facebook social sharing: now the app opens a new isolated window for social media sharing
You can read more of how keyboard shortcuts work on our blog https://vectr.com/blog/ - or just press "?" to open keyboard shortcuts cheatsheet.
Hope you are enjoying designing with Vectr!
Most Helpful Reviews
Easy yet powerful - Decided to give this app a go when I saw it advertised on Reddit. I am thoroughly impressed with how powerful yet easy this application is to use. Great work, keep it up!
crapware - As stated in the other review, you can only save documents by signing up for (free) and into their web service. I literally installed it, saw that was the case, and trashed it because A) that means it is useless if I am offline. B) it seems to add a step to any wokflow (having to download from their site) C) adding a lot of network traffic overhead. There’s plenty of full feature actually free programs (FireAlpaca, Inkscape) without those problems.
More Reviews for Current Version
cannot save your work; it all goes on their servers - This is horrendous. Nothing you do in this application can be saved to your hard drive. If you don’t have internet, you don’t have your work. Everything is on their servers and there is nothing you can do about it. Your work is held hostage in their servers forever. They have literally removed the “File” menu. It’s gone. No thank you.
Cannot Save Work, Except to Vectr’s Website - Pretty cool app, except it isn’t possible to save your work. You must sign up and then log in to Vectr’s website to save your work. That kills the usefulness for me. A second, but minor problem, is the seeming inability to rotate a basic shape. I will be uninstalling this and looking elsewhere.
Doesn’t work - Not only will it try to force you into creating an online account but it also simply doesn’t work when trying to open/upload an eps file. Waste of time.
Cannot save locally. Account REQUIRED - You must create an account to use beyond their interactive tutorial stuff - I didn’t. From the other reviewers, I gather that an account is mandatory to save as all files are saved remotely on VECTR’s servers. It seemed like a promising application but nah - I’m good. It’s a poorly designed user experience. If you add the ability to save files locally and make account creation an option, maybe I’ll think about it. Until then, this is garbage.
Mandatory account to save?!? - Really?