Vector 3 - Record & Edit Audio
Developer: Jaroslaw Szpilewski
Current Version: 3.2
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Download Size: 10.4 MB - Download
◉ Record, Edit and Convert Audio with Vector.
Vector is the swiss army knife of digital audio. Record audio, edit existing audio files, convert your music between the most common audio file formats, digitize your old vinyl records or record internet radio stations*. Whatever you need to get done - if it has something to do with audio Vector is your best bet!
◉ Version 3 - better than ever!
Vector 3 is the next generation of our popular audio editing and recording app for the Mac. We rewrote the app completely from scratch and added many new features for version 3.0. Vector is now a full blown audio editor that offers professional features and yet is still easy to use!
• Cut, Copy and Paste between multiple documents.
• Delete and Trim audio.
• Infinite and instantaneous Undo and Redo.
• Undo and Redo states are saved with the document.
• Supports importing of multiple audio files into one document.
• Supports full screen editing.
• Supports Stereo and Mono audio.
• Supports sampling rates 8khz - 384khz.
• Supports bit depths 8bit, 16bit, 24bit, 32bit.
• Supports conversion between all channel layouts, samples rates and bit depths.
• Waveform zoom levels from 100% down to 1:1 sample resolution.
• Supports editing of individual samples.
• Supports recording from built in microphone and line-in.
• Supports recording from any USB and FireWire Audio Device that is supported by OS X.
• Supports recording from other apps and the internet with the help of Soundflower*
• Maximum recording length is only limited by free space on the hard drive.
Built-In Audio Effects:
• Fade In
• Fade Out
• Generate Silence
• Silence Selection
• Change Gain
• Normalize Audio
• Reverse Audio
• Delay (Echo)
• Peak Limiter
• Apply Distortion
• Graphic Equalizer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Band Pass Filter
• Multiband Compressor
• Matrix Reverb
• Change Pitch
• Also supports 3rd party Audio Unit plugins.
File Formats (import and export):
• MP3 and OGG Vorbis
• M4A, MP4, AAC and M4R (iPhone ringtones)
• Flac Lossless, Apple Lossless
• WAV, AIFF and CAF
• Detailed Manual included
• 24 hours support by email
Get Vector 3 now and solve all your audio needs!
* Please note that recording audio from the internet or other applications requires installation of the free 'Soundflower' driver - which doesn't take longer than 5 minutes. Detailed instructions can be found in the included manual.
- selections can now be directly exported to files by right-clicking a selection and choosing "Export as File" from the context menu.
- markers can now be directly exported to files by right-clicking the marker header and selecting "Export as File" from the context menu.
- the app will now correctly save mono m4a files as mono
- we fixed a crash that could be triggered by wildly zooming in/out
Please note that this is a minor update and we're currently working on Vector 4. So let us know about features you'd like to see added to Vector. [email protected]
Most Helpful Reviews
Excellent Product - This product is an excellent match for our needs, which is recording an extensive suite of audio products, with the ability to extensively edit as needed, and ultimately make a suite of mp3 audio files. It has exceeded our expectations, and is a delight to work with - a 180 degree change from the first product we tried in this category, which was a total disappointment. We coud not do the project we’re working on, or not do it efficiently, without this.
Refund? - I have had this app for about 5 minutes. I have tried to open .wav and .mp4 files to no avail. I have created a new file and then try to import the files into it, again no dice. Everytime I do anything it crashes. The UI looks pretty friendly it just doesnt function AT ALL unfortunately.
More Reviews for Current Version
rocks - this app rocks- im a radio DJ and this is great for editing songs in many ways and is very intuitive and easy to use…and I can easily save and import into Itunes- I highly recommend it
Great for easy editing! - Needed something to be able to edit Church recordings. It’s may not have a lot of functions like Protools, but for the cheaper price it has enough effects to clean up the sound to what we need. Used it primary to mix and edit worship sets and to edit sermon recordings. I think it works the best for recording the sermons, but not bad when trying to edit worship sets as well. Make sure you have a clean recording before mixing!
App crashes after just a few edits - This would be a decent app if it was stable. Unfortunately, it crashes regularly. It crashed on me twice while I was trying to edit a short voice-over, taking my work with it. I have requested a refund from the App Store.
Audio Pro - I am used to using Sony Sound Forge Pro on my PC to master audio tracks. After switching to mac and not having the $400 to buy a new version of Sound Forge, I looked in the app store for something that could work well without having to invest a whole lot of time and money, and I could get up and working quickly. Vector 3 has been great and been able to do everything I ask of it, including running plugins from my DAW program. Cheers!
Great Editor - Took a few minutes to figure out the buttons because it was different from Audacity— But once I did I relaized how easy and effective this editor is.