Vector 3 - Audio Recorder and Editor
Developer: Jaroslaw Szpilewski
Current Version: 3.1
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 9.5 MB - Download
◉ Record, Edit and Convert Audio with Vector.
Vector is the swiss army knife of digital audio. Record audio, edit existing audio files, convert your music between the most common audio file formats, digitize your old vinyl records or record internet radio stations*. Whatever you need to get done - if it has something to do with audio Vector is your best bet!
◉ Version 3 - better than ever!
Vector 3 is the next generation of our popular audio editing and recording app for the Mac. We rewrote the app completely from scratch and added many new features for version 3.0. Vector is now a full blown audio editor that offers professional features and yet is still easy to use!
• Cut, Copy and Paste between multiple documents.
• Delete and Trim audio.
• Infinite and instantaneous Undo and Redo.
• Undo and Redo states are saved with the document.
• Supports importing of multiple audio files into one document.
• Supports full screen editing.
• Supports Stereo and Mono audio.
• Supports sampling rates 8khz - 384khz.
• Supports bit depths 8bit, 16bit, 24bit, 32bit.
• Supports conversion between all channel layouts, samples rates and bit depths.
• Waveform zoom levels from 100% down to 1:1 sample resolution.
• Supports editing of individual samples.
• Supports recording from built in microphone and line-in.
• Supports recording from any USB and FireWire Audio Device that is supported by OS X.
• Supports recording from other apps and the internet with the help of Soundflower*
• Maximum recording length is only limited by free space on the hard drive.
Built-In Audio Effects:
• Fade In
• Fade Out
• Generate Silence
• Silence Selection
• Change Gain
• Normalize Audio
• Reverse Audio
• Delay (Echo)
• Peak Limiter
• Apply Distortion
• Graphic Equalizer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Band Pass Filter
• Multiband Compressor
• Matrix Reverb
• Change Pitch
• Also supports 3rd party Audio Unit plugins.
File Formats (import and export):
• MP3 and OGG Vorbis
• M4A, MP4, AAC and M4R (iPhone ringtones)
• Flac Lossless, Apple Lossless
• WAV, AIFF and CAF
• Detailed Manual included
• 24 hours support by email
Get Vector 3 now and solve all your audio needs!
* Please note that recording audio from the internet or other applications requires installation of the free 'Soundflower' driver - which doesn't take longer than 5 minutes. Detailed instructions can be found in the included manual.
This is mostly a bug-fixing update. It fixes issues users reported to us and prepares for Vector 3.2 which will add new functionality.
- Markers/Selections can now be exported individually (right click -> “Export Selection/Marker to File”)
- Renamed the MP3 export option to something more obvious (it's called MP3 now)
- The effects menu has been re-ordered to be more accessible. The effect names are now ordered alphabetically and the Audio Unit submenu has been moved to the top for easier access.
- New option to re-open the most recent document on vector start. (See preferences panel).
- Fixed crashes that would occur on some Macs
- The App will now display its new icon on all Macs
Most Helpful Reviews
Excellent Product - This product is an excellent match for our needs, which is recording an extensive suite of audio products, with the ability to extensively edit as needed, and ultimately make a suite of mp3 audio files. It has exceeded our expectations, and is a delight to work with - a 180 degree change from the first product we tried in this category, which was a total disappointment. We coud not do the project we’re working on, or not do it efficiently, without this.
Refund? - I have had this app for about 5 minutes. I have tried to open .wav and .mp4 files to no avail. I have created a new file and then try to import the files into it, again no dice. Everytime I do anything it crashes. The UI looks pretty friendly it just doesnt function AT ALL unfortunately.
More Reviews for Current Version
GREAT for Audio Books etc - I love Vector 3. I have no reason to doubt it with frequent updates, and easy maneuvering , it is the perfect app for me as I record Audio books, voice overs for radio, TV and movies. The fact that I can also record live piano music and edit performances makes this the ideal app for my studio. The first Vector needed improvement, and the tech team most definietly brought their best game to the fixes…they addressed all the concerns that users were targeting, and they are prompt and efficient with their actions. I love this app, I can’t see any reason to shop for another or try to figure out another more touted app. This is the one for me.
Incredibly useful and easy for a novice - I needed to edit some music for a presentation and this made it easy. The editing and exporting tools are top notch. Worth every penny.
Almost great…. - This is a recorder/editor that is almost great. It works very well for what it does, but right now I’m recording (old LP’s) with Quicktime then using this app to edit the file afterward. V3 will record, but it does not have a software pass through for the sound, so one cannot “hear” the dub as it’s happening. For digitizing LP’s that is a rather fatal flaw as they need to be monitored in case there is imbedded “micro dust” in a groove that may cause a skip. After recording the vinyl with Quicktime (a 48K, 32 bit file…better than CD sound) then I open the resulting file with V3 and chop it up into individual tracks. It works by selecting the track, copying it, pasting it into a new V3 session, then saving it as an individual track. For those who have used Audacity, an “Export Selection” option on the V3 menu would take out a few steps. I don’t use Audacity any more because I have my Mac Mini running into a 4K Sony Bravia TV (as monitor) from HDMI and the Audacity output to HDMI (during playback of a recorded file) is awful. It sounds like digital noise more than analogue sound. The interface of V3 is better designed, simpler, less complicated than Audacity, so I will continue to use V3 as my preferred editor. But I fervently hope they will bring out an update that includes some of these things that would make it more user-friendly for the consumer/user. PS: I have also loaded some 3rd party AU Effect software which installed perfectly, shows up in the menu normally, but errors out and can’t be used. V3 does not have a “click removal” effect (as Audacity does), but it is supposed to accept 3rd party AU files….which in the case of the Acon Restoration Suite, it does not. BUT, as I say, I will continue to use V3 with hope for further upgrades.
I love this app! - I have been using Vector 3 for some time and have found all recordings to be great quality. Not having had any experience with recording before purchasing the app I was able to figure it out in no time. Thank you Vector 3 for a totally great app that is user friendly!
Vector saved my neck!!! - My old computer with Bias Peak finally bought the farm and I was left high and dry over the weekend. I work in radio, but I am NOT an audio engineer. Not even close. I do a talk show. My learning curve with Vector 3 was about 8 seconds. It’s incredible! That’s a world record for me. I could not be happier. Best money I ever spent! My programs are turned in. My ads are on time. My clients are happy. And so am I! Thank you, Vector!