VOX: MP3 & FLAC Music Player
Developer: Coppertino Inc.
Current Version: 3.0
Last Updated: 7 days ago
Download Size: 29 MB - Download
#1 Hi-Res audio player for Mac & iPhone. Music just sounds better!
Introducing VOX Premium – Your Ultimate Music Experience. VOX Premium adds a stunning cloud streaming features and unlimited music storage without a decline in quality. Sync, stream and cache your entire music library on Mac and iPhone in a way that suits you best!
Listen to your music regardless of the format:
• Play numerous lossy and lossless (FLAC, APE, WAV, DSD, etc.) audio formats;
• Export playlists in various formats (PLS, M3U, XSPF);
• Open different playlist types including M3U, PLS, XSPF, and the popular CUE format used to store CD rips;
• Play audio files stored on NAS devices and other network drives.
Manage your music easily:
• Control the player from the main interface, Dock context menu or main menu controls;
• Automatically search for all the missing album artwork from MusicBrainz and Last.fm databases;
• Use keyboard media keys, headphones controls, and Apple Remote to control the playback (requires VOX Preference Pane);
• Easily add music via smart drop zones, open dialog and Finder context menu;
• Use the Equalizer with presets & custom mode, crossfade, fade on play/pause, converting music to 5.1 or 7.1 format;
• Preview album artwork from your Dock icon;
• Gapless playback support;
• Get system or Growl playback notifications.
Focus on music, not the source:
• Work with different audio sources including custom Playlists, iTunes Library, online radio and much more;
• Scrobble to Last.fm to keep your listening stats up-to-date;
• Play any song, any playlist you find on YouTube via VOX FLAC Player, put all your YouTube songs into one media collection.
Full SoundCloud integration:
• Easily control SoundCloud via VOX;
• Access the largest music database in the world and discover new tunes;
• Bring your SoundCloud stream and likes directly into VOX.
• Press CMD+U and paste any link from YouTube to play it in VOX. You can add it to VOX collections as well.
• Scrobbling for your music stream;
Radio access for VOX Premium subscribers (**NEW**):
• 30'000+ Radio stations categorized by genres and countries!
Equip yourself with all of the audiophile tools of VOX Premium:
• Advanced Audio Features: HOG Mode; Improved multi-output device support;
• Convert stereophonic audio in your headphones to binaural using Bauer DSP (BS2B) technology;
• Automatically Pause playback on headphones disconnection;
• Take full advantage of AirPlay (10.8+) to listen with any of your wireless output devices.
• VOX also supports SONOS wireless speakers systems.
The beauty of VOX Player is in its simplicity, yet behind the minimal exterior lies a powerful Music Player with a ton of features and support for all audio formats you may ever need.
VOX Premium is available by auto-renewable subscriptions:
- $15.99 per month;
- $129.99 per year.
Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes Account after the purchase confirmation. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your subscriptions can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase is made. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
VOX Premium terms and conditions: https://vox.rocks/terms
P.S.: FLAC Player, ALAC Player, Lossless Player, SoundCloud Stream Solution, YouTube MP3 Music, Hi-Res audio Player - check all of them in one VOX Music Player.
VOX Music Player goes Premium. We combined all our favorite features to give music lovers the best listening experience and we call it VOX Premium. Current LOOP subscribers, in addition to VOX Music Cloud, will get Radio for free (unless purchased), and updated audio settings.
VOX Premium subscription tier includes:
• Advanced Audio Settings – BS2B Technology, Sync Sample Rate, Hog Mode, Apple’s Audio Units, Crossfade and more!
• VOX Music Cloud – unlimited cloud storage for your music. You can upload your entire music collection and then stream to it your VOX on Mac & iPhone
• Radio – over 30,000 stations from all over the world sorted by country and genre. You can add some stations to your Favorites to instantly access them.
• Sync Collections ¬– create playlists in VOX for Mac and then listen to them in VOX for iPhone. All playlists can be shared across all your devices connected to your VOX Account.
Most Helpful Reviews
Perfect! - Simple and lightweight, to the point. Perfect for quickly listening to audio files without having to deal with iTunes!
WAS phenominal, is now crap - To begin with, i love this app. It takes all my audio and makes it sound as boss as it can be. However this latest update turned what was a great music file player (which was all i wanted) into a gadget with a few tricks (which slow it down way more than necessary. I used to be able to start the app and seconds later look for (and play) a song out my 7000 or so songs I have on my hdd. Now i have to wait for it just to start, index and connect? its was simple but great. it didn’t have much functions but that was the beauty, I’m literally writing this review as it starts up. If i had known what these updates were gonna entale i would have forgone updating and kept my macbook offline so long as i played Vox. Now i’m flustered each time i have to start the app and wait for a time that when i’m not particularly in the mood to wait. The radio is stupid. Itunes has a radio. There are countless “radio” apps and i didn’t want another. I just want the flawless file player that i originally signed up for, if one of those is lying around please direct me in that direction. I don’t want to waste my time with this app anymore.
More Reviews for Current Version
Subscription for an EQ which was previously free? - No thanks. One of the main draws of VOX for me was its standalone ability to enjoy FLAC music. I’ll stick with the free version and use other sound tailoring tools which do NOT require a monthly subscription. You will want to convince me that all of the other features are worth the cost. Not to me they aren’t.
WARNING - you’ll lose vox player if you update without buying premium - If you install the new version, you will lose most functionality, and will be required to purchase a recurring subscription to get the old software back. Everything they disabled is now listed as an active premium subscription in the above 3.0 release notes. Subscription = $16 a month, or you can save $192 and pay $191.76 up front for a two year plan. Included: The same vox player as always, a virtual cloud to upload all of your own music into (it does not offer an exclusive music service like apple music) and a radio service with scrobbling that only costs $3 a month if you subscribe directly to last.fm. Add that to a free personal subscription to just about any other cloud service, and the total cost of the vox premium subscription is actually $3/month, minus player functionality. So basically, it will cost $192 if you want to continue using Vox over the next couple of years. Fair warning - Don’t get taken advantage of. I would have been more than happy to pay $30 up front for the player, just to support the company. I already have paid $25 for full functionality of the players on ipad and iPhone, for that very reason. But this is just rediculous. Just wanted to give people a heads up.
Incredible app ruined by subscription based functionality - I loved this app until recently the developer has take the path of greed. Why not pay once, why subscription for funtionality. What a pathetic money grab move. For cloud service and radio it makes sense, but why exploit audiophile community?
won’t stop playing - version 3 does not fix this issue. And not liking the new version. Delete. click pause button and keeps playing, dev do some simple testing before releasing your sw. also all the extra nonsense makes this app worse. Vox use to be good.