Developer: MP Digital, LLC
Current Version: 1.0.4
Last Updated: 5 days ago
Download Size: 6 GB - Download
***Save 33% for a limited time***
From the makers of Pillars of Eternity, the 2015 Mac App Store Game of the Year, comes Tyranny!
In Tyranny, the grand war between good and evil is over – and the forces of evil, led by Kyros the Overlord, have won. The Overlord’s merciless armies dominate the face of the world, and its denizens must find their new roles within the war-torn realm. Players interact with the populace to inspire loyalty, disgust, or fear as they roam the world as an officer in Kyros’ forces, empowered to act as both judge and executioner.
• A branching narrative with a unique story in an original setting: The Battle between good and evil has already taken place, and evil stands victorious
• Choices matter – a different player experience every time you play it: As an Officer in the Overlord’s army you wield a vast amount of power in the occupied lands of the Tiers. Will you use that power to inspire stability and loyalty, or will you be a feared oppressor?
• Challenging, classic RPG combat: Characteristical RPG combat with modern mechanics and presentation
• A rich original setting: A completely new and original fantasy world with rich lore and many paths to follow
• OS: OSX 10.10 or later
• Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 2.9 GHz or better
• Memory: 6 GB RAM
• Graphics: 1GB VRAM or better
• Storage: 15 GB available space
• Spoiler: Quest Related Spoilers:
• Hostile characters in Duskwatch will no longer become invincible.
• Cut-scene will correctly trigger when killing the Voices of Nerat.
• Bleden Mark will correctly appear in Ashweald if the player returns the Magebane Helm to Eldian.
• It is no longer possible to have insufficient Power to cast the final Edict on the North.
• "At Any Cost" correctly updates if everyone at Jagged Maw Shrine is killed.
• Stonestalker Tribe no longer attacks the player during the Rite of Blood.
• Weapons in the 3rd and 4th weapon slots (from the Bandoleer Player Talent) will no longer be removed when traveling.
• Bonuses applied by consumables will now consistently apply the correct bonus and respect their duration.
• Fixed an issue where corpses would appear in places that they could not be looted from.
• Spoiler: Gameplay fixes containing Spoilers:
• The Sunset Spire is now accessible in Act 3 even if the party did not go to Lethian's Crossing during Act 2.
• Re-entering Sentinel Stand Keep will always place the party at the correct entrance now.
• Companions left at the Spire will no longer gain stacks of Armor.
• Dead soldiers will not initiate dialog with player if they visit the "Oldwalls Breach" in Act 3.
• Fat Ulsten's corpse will no longer fade out, leaving it available to loot.
• Companions will no longer re-gain starting abilities that have been upgraded via other talents, this will also fix some issues of companions tracking talent points spent incorrectly.
• Companions can now be switched when at the Infirmary Spire Upgrade.
• The "Stand Together, Stand Tall" ability no longer disappears on level transition.
• The Spire Forge's upgrade UI now correctly displays damage types for thrown weapons, such as Lantry's Quill.
• Eb now falls over dead if the Fatebinder chooses to execute her at the end of Act 1.
• Progress bars at the Spire Forge upgrade should now progress correctly.
• Logging in to your Paradox account on Linux should now work as expected.
• The Reputation Menu Hotkey (R) can now be bound to a user defined key. This also addresses the issue of assigned 'R' to a different key, giving it two functionalities.
• Addressed multiple reputation changes whose reasons for change were not correctly displayed.
• Reputation Menu spacing updates correctly when changing languages for the first time.
• Many typos found by the community have been addressed throughout the game.
• Spoiler: Text fixes containing Spoilers:
• Localized names for the Fragments of the Voices of Nerat have been updated.
• Localized names for all items created by Kenrick now display correctly in all languages.
Most Helpful Reviews
Awesome - Just what the doctor ordered. Like Dr. Pepper on a warm summer’s day.
Predictable and buggy - To be fair, I have played a lot of these type of games. I would rate it a C. The concept of Evil winning is what drew me to the game, but play was little different from the usual. I hoped for more novelty. Overall, turned out to be straight forward and predictable. Found the controls a bit clumsy and bugs made me set aside the game after a day of play. Interesting, when the patch is available, I doubt I will go back to the game.
More Reviews for Current Version
Worth It - I know it’s a little on the pricy side, but trust me it’s worth it. It is a beautiful game that I highly recommend!
IF you liked Pillars of Eternity… you’ll love Tyranny. - Playing this after completing PoE at the “Path of the Damned” or Expert level, and i must say, i like Tyranny better is just about every respect. NO technical glitches in this version, as yet. The story is more compeling… reputations with factions are more important as are decisions in dialog. The graphics are better, as is combat… etc. I do have some minor quibbles, but not worth discussing. If you are looking for a strong RPG, with likely very good replay value, look no further.