Developer: MP Digital, LLC
Current Version: 1.2.4
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 8.4 GB - Download
***Save 50% off Tyranny in celebration of the release of the Bastard's Wound expansion pack, now available as an in-app purchase***
From the makers of Pillars of Eternity, the 2015 Mac App Store Game of the Year, comes Tyranny!
In Tyranny, the grand war between good and evil is over – and the forces of evil, led by Kyros the Overlord, have won. The Overlord’s merciless armies dominate the face of the world, and its denizens must find their new roles within the war-torn realm. Players interact with the populace to inspire loyalty, disgust, or fear as they roam the world as an officer in Kyros’ forces, empowered to act as both judge and executioner.
• A branching narrative with a unique story in an original setting: The Battle between good and evil has already taken place, and evil stands victorious
• Choices matter – a different player experience every time you play it: As an Officer in the Overlord’s army you wield a vast amount of power in the occupied lands of the Tiers. Will you use that power to inspire stability and loyalty, or will you be a feared oppressor?
• Challenging, classic RPG combat: Characteristical RPG combat with modern mechanics and presentation
• A rich original setting: A completely new and original fantasy world with rich lore and many paths to follow
• OS: OSX 10.10 or later
• Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 2.9 GHz or better
• Memory: 6 GB RAM
• Graphics: 1GB VRAM or better
• Storage: 15 GB available space
Various bug fixes and updates.
Most Helpful Reviews
Awesome - Just what the doctor ordered. Like Dr. Pepper on a warm summer’s day.
Predictable and buggy - To be fair, I have played a lot of these type of games. I would rate it a C. The concept of Evil winning is what drew me to the game, but play was little different from the usual. I hoped for more novelty. Overall, turned out to be straight forward and predictable. Found the controls a bit clumsy and bugs made me set aside the game after a day of play. Interesting, when the patch is available, I doubt I will go back to the game.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great in some ways, poor in others - The good: * The characters, the world, and the broad outline of the story are deep and well-written. * The magic system is interesting and fresh. * The art is often gorgeous, and it helps to build the world. * The player’s decisions matter, which matches the game's mature themes. The bad: * There isn’t a wide variety of enemies, and combat gets boring. * Sometimes the story feels disjointed and oddly-paced, like it was written in (excellent) individual modules and pasted together awkwardly. The ugly: * There are still some game-breaking bugs, especially in the expansions. (There is still active development on the game, so bugs might be fixed.)