Typing Tournament v2
Current Version: 2.0.9
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 101.6 MB - Download
A fully featured typing tutor that teaches typing for life. Ages 5 - Adult
Suitable for all typists including absolute beginners, “Let’s Try Again” typists and “Need a Refresher” typists. Get started straight out of the box, or take advantage of the powerful diagnostic and reporting capabilities to zero in on your child’s learning needs.
A fantastic typing adventure awaits you! Complete the quest and prove yourself worthy of challenging the Dark Typist! Collect rewards and tokens as you journey through 16 medieval environments, from the Dragon’s Cave to the Throne Room. Each location presents four new keys with a lesson, demonstration, practice drills, three action-packed typing games and a progress test. Only you can rid the land of the Dark Typist’s tyranny!
• Simple instructions
• Only four new keys per lesson
• Animations show correct finger positions
• Interesting texts boost motivation
Typing Tournament is divided into 16 lessons each with multiple drills, games and a progress test across three maps. Upon successfully completing each lesson, players progress to the next medieval location and receive a printable certificate of achievement to applaud their chivalry! The drills, games and tests all use meaningful, informative and entertaining texts that are specifically linked to each lesson’s focus keys!
• Covers all letters of the alphabet, basic punctuation and numbers
• Reinforces keyboard familiarity with the unique Multiple Progressions Model
• Practise home row key paths, vertical key paths and common letter combinations.
• Introduces four new keys in each lesson with simple, step-by-step instructions
• Preview and choose an overall words-per-minute typing target
• Change your speed target if things are too easy or they get too tricky
• Test yourself to determine your starting level without wasting time relearning skills you have
• Promotes good posture and typing habits with an introductory lesson
• Boosts motivation with meaningful, informative and entertaining texts to type
MULTIPLE PROGRESSIONS MODEL
Typing Tournament reinforces keyboard familiarity and strengthens muscle memory with the Multiple Progressions Model, a unique model for teaching typing specially designed to break the negative learning cycle and give users maximum flexibility in establishing and reaching their typing goals. This enables players to continually improve as complexity increases.
• Powerful administration and user-management features that can track up to 10 users
• Display, export and print detailed user statistics
• Motivational mystery! Complete the challenge and face off against The Dark Typist?
• Colour-coded keyboard, animated demonstrations of correct finger placement
• Designed for maximum reinforcement of muscle memory and finger movement patterns
• Powerful administrative tools allow you to manage users and print results
• Includes extensive record keeping to monitor progress, including overall speed and accuracy
• Displays mastered and ‘in-progress’ keys so that players can concentrate on weaknesses
• Customise user profiles with a huge range of cool user icons
• Simple, kid-friendly animated interface that enhances self-directed learning
• BESSIE Awards – Best Typing Software
• EDDIE Awards – Best Typing Software
• National Parenting Center – Seal of Approval
• ATOM Awards – Best Training Resource
**We have had an isolated report of Typing Tournament v2 not running on a 13" MacBook Pro Mid 2009 Model. If experience this problem please email [email protected] **
- Minor bug fixes
- Updated the core version to Adobe Director 126.96.36.1999
Most Helpful Reviews
Great app - Helps improve typing speed. Sure you have to navigate a little - it's a kid's app - but for the promo price I paid it was well worth it, Not as sophisticated as Mavis Beacon - but some features are nicer. In some of the early levels you can't get further unless you type the correct letter. Helps with accuracy.
Why is App Store selling this? - I bought this software for my children learning typing. The program does not even start. I tried it on three Mac computers without success. There is no customer support I can reach. The link on their support website is not linked. Obviously I do not recommend this to anyone and I do not know why App store sells this.
More Reviews for Current Version
Not exactly as expected - I bought this program to tach my daughters to type. I am happy with the way that they are learning. I think that the text to type however could be a lot more kid friendly since that is the target audience. The images as well I think are not entirely suitable for a young audience (more so as you advance). I was excited about the theme, though in hind sight, animals may have been a better alternative. As for the program itself, it does make it easy to learn quickly and incorporates reinforcement games.
Not as educational as stated - App is not worthy of the price. Poor set up and navigation buttons. Not very organized. Very scattered program.
Nice - The game is addictive that's why I will rate it 5 stars. However, the game gets frozen up on Drill 3 at several levels. I would appreciate if the developer will fix this. Another improvement I would like to see is the typing level extended to 60 wpm instead of max 48. Please take care of these 2 concerns. Thank you very much.
Needs an update - Bugs. Needs an update. Allows kids to play only the games they are good at and does not push toward keys which need improvement as strongly as it should. Graphics are good, but challenges become routine.
Grear App. but... - This is a great learning tool, beinging if your learning or already no how but want to be more sharp. The only reason why I didn't give it 5 stars , is because it forclose and it flips like crazy. please fix,