Typeeto: remote full size bluetooth keyboard
Typeeto is an app that enables you to use your Mac keyboard as a Bluetooth keyboard for other devices such as iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, Android device, etc. Now use a full-scale keyboard to type in a text and it will be displayed real-time on your device screen. You do not need to install any other apps on your device – just connect it to Mac and start typing.
With Typeeto you can:
• Write long messages on Mac and send them from mobile devices
• Copy-paste a text from Mac to connected devices
• Use a full-scale keyboard to manage your Apple TV or game consoles connected to TV (except PS3 & PS4)
• Manage music playback on your devices
• Connect any number of devices to Mac
• Switch between devices in a single click or a hot key press
• Save your time & effort - you do not need to set up an extra keyboard separately
To start working with Typeeto follow this 3 simple steps:
• Turn on Bluetooth on Mac and a device you’d like to connect, make sure that both of them are discoverable
• Go to Bluetooth settings on Mac and pair the device
• Connect your device to Mac. Remember that for iOS and Android devices connection has to be initiated from them first.
That's it! Your device is connected - start typing away.
• Select between Dark & Light themes
• Make use of sound effects
• Designate a hotkey to each device
• The device’s type is detected automatically, but you can always change it in Preferences
• Enjoy our cool animation :)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us on [email protected] We are happy to help you. Your feedback is welcome; we assure it will be taken into account in our next release.
Fixed: Japanese localization.
Most Helpful Reviews
Greatly Improved My Efficiency - I create Invoices and other types of typing intenssive documents on my iPad but, not enough to warrant purchasing a specific bluetooth keyboard for any of my iDevices. Since I usually have my MacBook Pro running at the same time, Typeeto is freakin’ perfect for selecting my iPad from the pull down menu and start typing into Notability, Notes or whatever app I’d like to not flatten my fingers on. You can pull down and select any device you have paired with your system and start typing almost immediately (after a very brief finding and binding of the selected device). A little icon of your device will be onscreen indicating you can type to the device and to go back to typing on the Mac by just clicking on anything outside of the little icon. I just tested the Paste feature, copy text from your Mac and paste it to your iDevice by COMMAND+ALT+V (or it looks like you can set your own shortcuts). I also just tried the SPECIAL (ALT) characters and they typed correctly. Yeah, nothing I can see to complain about. Any modifications the programmers miught add would be a surprise to me since it does everything I expected. Obviously, you need to have Bluetooth enabled, you need to be running your input computer, those are a given otherwise, it wouldn’t be called Mac Keyboard as a Bluetooth Keyboard!? If you do your computing surrounded by multiple devices, this app is all aces. Thanks!
Not useable with an iPod Touch - I just bought this App to use my MacBook’s keyboard with an iPod Touch. It does not work! Typeeto does not see the iPod. The MacBook Pro is a late 2014 model running 10.10.3. The iPod Touch is the latest version running IOS 8.3. The MacBook’s Bluetooth sees the iPod and the iPod also sees the MacBook as described in picture 4 above. Is it possible that the iPod is not supported? I hope that this can be fixed in a later release. Peter