Developer: Jaroslaw Foksa
Current Version: 3.6.11
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Download Size: 805.5 KB - Download
Type Fu is an app that will teach you how to type fast. The right way. On your Mac.
****** TYPE FU FEATURES ******
• UNIVERSAL. The app is suitable for all age groups and skill levels. You can be a beginner, intermediate or advanced typist. Even if you took typing classes before, but it never sank in, Type Fu will help you refresh your skills and take them to the next stage instantly.
• PACKED WITH ENGAGING EXERCISES. Type Fu is fun to use! Lessons vary from simple letters, numbers and words to proverbs and quotes of great thinkers of the past. Basic lessons (letters, numbers, words) are generated programatically so that you will never see the same exercise twice.
• MULTIPLE LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY. Should you start from the very beginning, or do you want to just polish your type-fu a tad? Figure out your initial skill level and start practicing right away, until your fingers are a blur!
• MULTIPLE KEYBOARD LAYOUTS. English language users can choose between following layouts: Qwerty, Dvorak, Colemak, Workman, Norman, Qwertz, Azerty. German language users can choose between: German Qwertz and Swiss Qwertz layouts.
• ADAPTIVE. Type Fu is smart: when you are making an outstanding progress, it can automatically increase the level of difficulty to keep you on your toes while improving the skill.
• VISUAL AND AUDIO HINTS. Type Fu assists in a non-obtrusive way. Various indications of hitting or missing the right keys are helpful, pertinent, don't get in the way and can be disabled.
• EASY PROGRESS TRACKING. Type Fu helps you perfecting the skill of touch typing by visualizing your progress. You will be able to easily tell from the pretty charts exactly how much better your typing speed and accuracy become, and which keys your miss most.
• FULLY INTEGRATED WITH YOUR MAC. Get the top-notch user experience offered by Mac computers. Type Fu supports Retina displays, process sandboxing, automatic updates via Mac App Store and full-screen mode.
• PAY ONCE, USE ANYTIME AND ANYWHERE. The app does not require recurring payments and constant network connection unlike online typing tutors. Once you pay for it, it's yours forever. Educational instituations and companies can buy multiple licenses with 50% discount via the Apple Volume Purchase Program.
- macOS 10.11 compatibility fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Excellent and the price is right! - I saw this and figured I'd give it a try. I've just spent the last 30 mins playing with it and I have to say that it's really helpful in terms of finding where one can focus to improve. It's also kind of fun! I've always known I try to type to fast and that results in having to backup a lot while I'm typing to correct things. This marvelous little program confirmed that in spades. I'm not a great typer, averaging around 40 to 50 words per minute. But this has really helped me understand that I actually need to slow down to improve my speed. Very counterintuititive, but true. I was getting upwards of 60 words per minute when I started taking my time. And I would not have known for sure but for this program. Also it helped me spot some letters I didn't even know I was weak on. Kudos to the develper for a job well done!
stopped working - With the most recent update the program stopped showing any text in the exercise box.