Twitterrific for Twitter
Developer: The Iconfactory
Current Version: 4.5.1
Last Updated: 11 months ago
Download Size: 3.4 MB - Download
Twitterrific is the friendly Twitter client that’s beautiful to look at and incredibly intuitive for new users, yet peppered with deep features for advanced tweeters. Effortlessly read and compose tweets, view multiple accounts, search Twitter.com, filter message types and much more. If you’re already familiar with the award-winning Twitterrific for iPhone or iPad, then you’ll be right at home on the Mac.
• Simple to use, easy to understand
• Consistent and clear interface across platforms
• True multi-account/multi-window support
• View mentions, messages and favorites quickly and easily
• Timeline syncing of reading position across all versions via Tweet Marker
• View Twitter trends, searches and lists
• Browse conversation threads between users
• Translate tweets to your native language
• Helpful color-coding of tweets
• In-app picture viewing for supported services like Instagram, plixi & more
• Tweet actions including email tweet, replies to author & others
• Collapsible sidebar for quick access to timelines, searches and trends
• Theme control (light or dark)
• Font size control
• URL shortening
• Instapaper, ReadItLater & Readability support
• Cloud.app support
• Reply all (by default)
• Picture and video uploading
• Fully customizable toolbar
• Robust keyboard control
• View user profiles, including large avatars and other details
• Follow, unfollow, block & report spammers easily
• Fixed a crash when uploading images
• Fixed a crash when switching display configuration
Most Helpful Reviews
RETINA! - Thank you for being the only app designed for the retina macbook pro! Seriously other apps need to learn from you, the only reason I bought this app over the free one was because of the RETINAZ! Looks glorious! Also I actually really like how this app works over the crappy free one. YAY FOR RETINA!!!
Everything Upside Down - I installed the update on my mac and now everything is upside down when I try to use the app. Please fix.
More Reviews for Current Version
Least of several evils - I use twitteriffic largely because of inertia, and because I don’t feel like shelling out the cost that the other front-line twitter clients want. Most of the features are pretty good, and v5 on iOS is nice. However, perhaps my biggest complaint (aside from v5 not being out for osx yet) is that they still haven’t figured out how to handle animated GIFs yet. What’s taking them so long?
A pointless application - A dedicated application should offer some advantage over a website that does the same thing, especially when it costs money. Aside from making it easy to switch between accounts, Twitterrific is feature-poor compared to twitter.com. Its most annoying feature is that it's constantly prompting me for my keychain password. Once per launch should be enough, but it wants it again every ten minutes or so, and even when it's quitting. I love Twitterrific for iOS, but the OS X version has no excuse.
too difficult to do simple things - I have used Twitterific for a year now and use it on my iphone and ipad as well as the Mac. Unfortunately, it just gets in its own way all of the time. Specifically, it’s too hard to do simple things. I’m thinking specifically of retweeting, favoriting, etc. Sure there are hotkeys but how about making it easier than having to click up at the context menu? I think it could be great if they follow the setup found on their own iOS apps. I feel the iconfactory makes good products but after a year of using it I can fairly say I am disappointed. I look forward to seeing how they update it but until then I’m actually going back to the web version of twitter.com until it improves!
This used to be awesome. Now, on my iPhone 6 and iOS8 it doesn't work - This no longer works. I can't even log in.