Twitterrific 5 for Twitter
Developer: The Iconfactory
Current Version: 5.2.2
Last Updated: 19 hours ago
Download Size: 8.5 MB - Download
Re-imagined from the ground up to be the Mac's most friendly, powerful and modern Twitter client. Twitterrific makes Twitter fun.
⁕ Twitter Your Way
A clean, uncluttered timeline featuring just the content you care about. Tweets are presented in chronological order and other people's likes aren't placed in your timeline.
⁕ Designed for macOS
Twitterrific feels right at home on the Mac. Support for Notification Center, Retina displays, built-in sharing, beautiful animations, full-screen mode & more.
⁕ Timelines Galore
Take control of your tweets with multiple timeline windows from the same account or multiple accounts, all organized on your Mac’s desktop.
⁕ Full Accessibility
Navigate the timeline, compose tweets, and even attach image descriptions quickly and easily using Voice Over.
⁕ Tweet In Style
Twitterrific's appearance panel supports themes, lets you customize fonts & type sizes, and even lets you control how media appears in the timeline.
⁕ Read Anywhere
Whether you use Twitterrific on your iPhone, iPad, or another Mac, the app automatically syncs your reading position for a seamless Twitter experience.
FULL FEATURE LIST:
• Simple to use, easy to understand
• True multi-account/multi-window support
• View mentions, messages, and favorites quickly and easily
• Timeline syncing of reading position across all platforms via iCloud
• System-wide alerts for mentions & direct messages via Notification Center
• Fully accessible via VoiceOver
• Support for Retweet (RT) & Quoted tweets
• Quick access to Emoji when composing new tweets
• Autocompletion of usernames & hashtags while editing tweets
• View Twitter saved searches and lists
• Check out global and local trending topics
• Browse conversation threads between users
• Support for tweet storms & chained tweet threads
• Quickly Delete & Edit your own tweets
• Translate tweets to your native language
• Helpful color-coding of tweet types
• In-app media viewing for images, animated GIFs, Instagram & more
• Share a tweet with actions for email, Messages, Safari Reading List & more
• Muffles & mutes synced from Twitterrific for iOS via iCloud
• Robust in-app media viewer with detachable popovers
• Customize the appearance of media in the timeline or hide it completely
• View user profiles including past tweets, likes & mentions
• Follow and unfollow other users directly from their user profile
• Block and report spammers with a single click
• Theme control (light or dark)
• Font size & type face control
• Robust keyboard control
Plugged a big memory leak, added the ability to deactivate muffle rules without having to delete them, and fixed a handful of bugs.
• Muffle rules can now be deactivated without having to delete them
• Scrolling the timeline with the keyboard now hides the mouse cursor
• Tweaks to several icons for greater clarity
• Tweaks to the default themes
• New avatar shapes in Appearance preferences
• Better text rendering in popover windows
• Now I have a hat - ho ho ho
• Fixed a memory leak causing the app to use much more memory than necessary
• Fixed an issue causing length-based muffles to incorrectly count characters
• Fixed issues causing tweets that were both liked and retweeted to display an incorrect state when streaming
• Retweeting a retweet no longer redundantly changes the label to "by you"
• Fixed an issue with invisible white space characters causing difficulty when entering registration names and codes
Most Helpful Reviews
Wasn’t sure at first... - I’ve always been a huge Tweetbot fan, so it was going to take some convincing to get me to switch over to Twitterific. So far, I’m very impressed. First of all, it’s great to have another premium Twitter app; they’re few and far between. The $20 price tag is a non-issue. C’mon people, you have at minumum a $1000 Mac, so use software and apps that will utilize it to its fullest potential. (Personally, I prefer reasonably priced apps over freebies, because that means the developers will likely have a successful business model.) So yeah, I’m sticking with Twitterific. Can’t wait to see what future upgrades hold. Great job, guys!
Not as good as Tweetbot - I want to like it, but it doesn’t meet my expectations. - No video upload support. - No activity log. - In order to see details/thread of a tweet, you double click for a pop over, but if you click a link in the tweet, the pop over closes which you have to open again to see. - No quick translation shortcut - Tapping on like, then tapping retweet removes your like for some reason - I have to click on a tweet to make the like/retweet controls appear (tweetbot does it by hovering over a tweet) - No spacebar to close a picture. It should follow what macOS quick look does These things ruin the experience for me so I basically uninstalled it and returned back to Tweetbot. Pricing it at $20 for these issues is the reason why I rated it 1 star. The only thing they got right where Tweetbot seems to be lacking is the quick user switch support. Tweetbot has this stupid animation that you have to wait until it finishes before you can click on an account to switch. Twitterific is instant, has no stupid animations.