Developer: Kalypso Media
Current Version: 1.0.10
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 2.8 GB - Download
Return to the remote island nation of Tropico in the next installment of the critically acclaimed and hugely popular ‘dictator sim’ series. Expand your Dynasty’s reign from the early colonial period to beyond the 21st Century, facing an all-new set of challenges, including advanced trading mechanics, technology and scientific research, exploration and for the first time in Tropico history – cooperative and competitive MULTIPLAYER for up to 4 players.
• The Eras - Start your reign during colonial times, survive the World Wars and the Great Depression, be a dictator during the Cold War, and advance your country to modern times and beyond. From the 19th century to the 21st, each era carries its own challenges and opportunities.
• The Dynasty - Each member of El Presidente’s extended family is present on the island and may be appointed as a ruler, a manager, an ambassador or a general. Invest in the members of your Dynasty to unlock new traits and turn them into your most valuable assets.
• Research and Renovate - Advance your nation by discovering new buildings, technologies and resources. Renovate your old buildings to more efficient modern buildings.
• Advanced trade system and trade fleet - Amass a global trade fleet and use your ships to secure trade routes to neighboring islands or world superpowers, both for export and import.
• Explore your island - Discover what lies beyond the fog of war. Find valuable resource deposits and explore the ruins of ancient civilizations.
• All new art - All artwork has been re-designed from scratch to provide Tropico 5 with a unique visual identity. Choose from over 100 buildings from each of the individual eras.
• Cooperative and competitive multiplayer – Up to 4 players can build up their own cities and economies on any given island map. Players can choose to share resources, supplies and population or declare war on each other.
- Localization fixes
- Fixed issue with a Waterborne task
- Fixed issues with minimap drawing
- Fixed counting of discredited citizens in Mad World mission
Most Helpful Reviews
Fantastic Addition but Could Use More Content - I’ve loved the beautiful scenery and self-aware satire of the Tropico series since Tropico 3, and I must say that this edition is the most playable and entertaining yet. The campaign story allows you to spend time building up your islands over the course of several challanges and strategy adjustments. However, once you finish the entertaining but short campaign, all that’s left to do is play in sandbox mode which can become monotonous after a while. Please add more content! Otherwise, this is a fantastic game and I would reccomend it to anybody!
Buy It Somewhere Else - Great game…BUT don’t buy it from the Mac App Store if you want to buy expansions. They don’t offer them here and without the product key (which you don’t get on the Mac App Store) you’ll have to buy it again from another site. I really wish they’d get the expansions on here. VERY frustrating!
More Reviews for Current Version
DLC NOT Working! - The DLC is not working and the tropico 5 support email bounces back as unknown. I re-installed, did a restore purchases, nothing I bought show up. I do like the game, but for this reason I give it 1 star. Don’t waste your money on in app pruchases till they fixed it.
Love this game, but fix the bugs! - I’m a big Tropico fan, but none of my DLC will download. I even tried a fresh reinstall.
Was Nervous to Spend $40… Great Game! - I never write reviews. I was nervous to spend $40 on this game because of the 3.5 stars from other reviewers. I played Tropico 1 at least 10 years ago. Got into Tropic 3 a few years ago and played from time to time. Purchased this game recently and am blown away. I believe that this is the best Tropico yet. For anyone who is a Tropico fan or city builder fan this game is great. It seems more challenging than Tropico 1 or 3 but I am still new to it. Highly recommend this game to anyone who is considering buying it. -DC
Worth the money IMO - I don’t write reviews but this game is good. As somebody who has been looking for the best strategy games for years now, this game is pleasing. It definitely an upgrade from older versions. It just doesn’t give you enough to do though. The campaign mode is pretty narrow and there aren’t many different paths to take. However, I typically dislike sandbox modes but the one in this game is fantastic. Your tyrant can also have his/her own “family” and you can expand it like that. Very cool aspect as well.
DLC not downloading - When I first bought the DLC it worked, but after I stopped playing the game and returned to it later, my saved games would not open because it said there was DLC not installed… Have been trying since then to install it but it won’t work. Download goes to 80% and then the download stops. Very dissapointing as the DLC was very expensive.