Tropico 4: Gold Edition
Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
Current Version: 1.1.4
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 5.8 GB - Download
Return to power with Tropico 4: Gold Edition!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
NOTE: If you experience problems launching the game, check you are signed into Game Center, then try again.
Congratulations! You’re the newly-elected, all-powerful “Presidente” of the proud Caribbean nation of Tropico. Taking the reins for another glorious term on your sunny island is all well and good, but do you have what it takes to become a serious player on the world stage?
Whether you choose to rule as benevolent chairman, clever technocrat or corrupt despot, it’s up to you to transform Tropico from amusing banana republic into a 21st century world power worthy of your grand vision in this witty combination of city builder and political simulator.
• Create your own paradise by developing Tropico the way you want! Choose from over 100 buildings and turn your island into a top holiday destination, an industrial powerhouse, a police state or all three.
• All of the people, all of the time. Balance the noisy demands of Tropico’s own political factions with the distant rumblings of wealthy superpowers while staying friendly with overseas trading partners.
• Life on a tropical island isn’t all sunshine and piña coladas! Prepare to face natural disasters such as volcanos, tsunamis and hurricanes.
• Take on the challenge of a 20-mission Campaign Mode or enjoy power without responsibility in Sandbox Mode!
• Appoint your favourite citizens to ministerial posts to implement your government program.
• March Tropico into the 21st century with the Modern Times expansion pack: launch a space program, control Internet access and build architectural showpieces such as the diamond cathedral and “Babel Tower”.
Important information regarding Tropico 4: Gold Edition:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at [email protected]
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 6GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and NVIDIA 8xxx series.
• The following graphics cards require 8GB of system RAM: Intel HD3000, Intel HD4000, NVIDIA 9400 and NVIDIA 320M.
• You can find out more about the game on the Tropico 4: Gold Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/tropico4
Copyright (c) 2011–2013 Kalypso Media Group. Tropico is a registered trade mark of Kalypso Media GmbH used under license by Feral Interactive. All rights reserved. Originally published by Kalypso Media UK Ltd. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other logos, copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Adds support for the State of Emergency DLC pack.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Most Helpful Reviews
An Absolutely Outstanding Game (NO LONGER LOADING ISSUES) - This is certainly the most fun and addicting game that I have ever played. Whilst there are of course degrees of realism, I am rather pleased with how incredibly intricate this game is with politics but very simple to play. The fact that you can determine how you want to develop your nation politically is just absolutely brilliant. If you purchase the game, I would be impressed if you did not find it as exceptional as the rest of the gaming world. What I will say about gaming is: when the concepts present within this game are combined with the first person capabilities of a GTA game, I think it would be almost impossible for people to stop playing. (As others have said) after hours of playing perfectly, in an attempt to reopen the programme and play - there is simply a black screen and many have been unable to continue playing the game. However, I contacted Feral Interactive's support team via email and they responded within an hour. After a few correspondences, they informed me that the problem is associated with Apple's Game Centre. Whilst they are urgently working on fixing this problem, for now they informed me that IF YOU SIGN OUT OF GAME CENTRE (and then reload the game afterward) the game will work perfectly. Accordingly, I did as they suggested and the game is working flawlessly. Feral Interactive's Support Staff is certainly the best support team that I have contacted. So, if you are still having problems, do likewise and the game should work perfectly.
Fails to load. - Loaded up once and now fails to load. Tried reinstalling and restarting computer and didn't help.
More Reviews for Current Version
Crashes! - Can you fix the crashes? I try to load a game and all it does is crash! Then when I play a new game the game doesnt show the island or the water, then it quits….
Tropico 4 Gold - Absolutely LOVE this game! Am playing through Modern Times Mission Campaign. Replay ability is superb, outcomes are dependant on choices you make and justifies the price without a doubt. I wish Tropico 5 was available on iMac, I would buy it in a heart beat!! Please hurry…Tropico 5!!
Tropico - since i upgraded my Macbook Air to the latest OS the game would not open. I Love the game when i was able to play but it wont work now
It’s the most exciting build a block game ever! - This one keeps you busy by kicking the blocks around every now and then and demanding your attention. Love all of the different ways to play and all of the different ways to personalize and make different islands. This is what a build a block game should have been all along. I won’t be leaving this game any time soon. Oh, and most importantly, the functionality is perfect. Well worth the money.
doesnt work - i was so excited to play this, and it doesnt even work. i want my money back!!!