Tropico 3: Gold Edition
Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
Current Version: 1.0.1
Last Updated: 7 months ago
Download Size: 4.1 GB - Download
Get in touch with your inner dictator!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Command the Caribbean nation of Tropico in this delicious combination of strategic city builder and humorous political simulator. As an all-powerful “Presidente” with a resource-rich paradise in the palm of your hand, it’s your choice to rule with a velvet glove or an iron fist.
Tropico 3: Gold Edition gives you control over everything from your island’s infrastructure to its economy and diplomatic relations with competing superpowers. Balance the noisy demands of Tropico’s hard-to-please political factions with those of your offshore bankers in this tongue-in-cheek recreation of the Cold War in a hot climate.
• Have it your way! Run Tropico as a tourist mecca, an economic miracle, a police state or all three!
• Enjoy both the epic challenge of the 15-mission Campaign Mode and the intoxicating freedom of Sandbox Mode.
• When you’re the corrupt dictator of strategically important island, stuff happens! Wield your influence over every aspect of island life to prepare for everything from natural disasters to nuclear war.
• Help the people see things your way by “recounting” elections, “calming” rebels and issuing “creative” edicts, such as Burn Books, Bribe Factions and Print Money.
• Play as your favourite dictator! Pick from a rich list including Che Guevara, Evita Peron and of course, Fidel. Or create your very own strongman by shaping their character, background and beliefs.
• Create a cult of personality around El Presidente, help compose his silver-tongued speeches, manipulate the media and build monuments in his honor.
• Enjoy “Absolute Power”, the expansion pack included in Tropico 3: Gold Edition which offers a completely new 10-mission campaign.
• And always remember - power corrupts, but absolute power totally rocks.
Important information regarding Tropico 3: Gold Edition:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at [email protected]
• You can find out more about the game on the Tropico 3: Gold Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/tropico3
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 2GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 7GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
• The following cards require you to have 4GB of System RAM: NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD 3000.
Copyright © 2009-2012 Kalypso Media GmbH. All rights reserved. Published by Kalypso Media GmbH. Tropico is a registered trade mark of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. used under license by Kalypso Media GmbH. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other logos, copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Improves support for GT650M and HD4000 graphics cards.
• Improves stability on islands with large populations.
• Fixes a crash that occurs when continuing to play on an island after level objectives are complete.
Most Helpful Reviews
Amazing Game! Truly - This game is truly amazing. The many ways you can run your small island is amazing and keeping everyone happy is a never ending thing. I have been playing it for the last 2 days non stop and Im still figuring out new things and im not even the slightest bit bored. Download: The download went well, no errors at all. Worth the money? Heck yeah! It will not dissappoint you at all! Now have an island with over 750 thousand capital, 72% Happy Rating and a huge tourist island. Trying to reach 1,000,000 dollar capital before the end of my 60th year of leadership! Oh yeah and I have 100k in Offshore bank :P Buy this! DO IT NOW! :D Get TO THE CHOPPER!
WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT - As a big fan years ago of Tropico, I thought this would be more of the same only better. What I found was an ill put together flashy graphics with non user friendly game interface that interfered with seeing anything. Worse the control of maneuvering actually made me sick. Worst $10.59 I ever wasted. It's almost identical to the original Tropico, just with newer graphics I couldn't even enjoy. Simpler would've been better. They upgraded both too little and too much from the original. They should've kept the controls the same, neat & simple… and done more to actually enhance the gameplay. Instead, they over-did the interface controls to be flashy & in the way, and did almost nothing to upgrade the actual game. Like so many of these games, the creators (or new people brought on board) failed to recognize exactly what appealed about games like this… In short, it wasn't really about fancy graphics. Sometimes less is more.
More Reviews for Current Version
So glad I bought it! - I was a bit hesitant at first, because I wasn't sure if it would be worth it, but I am so glad I bought this game! The graphics are amazing and I am playing on my Macbook! (just regular old macbook, not air or pro). It runs very well and it is an extremely fun game! I was just playing and this game is so great that when I reached December 1963, the radio came on and told me that John F. Kennedy had been shot! I just think this game is great. I wonder what other newflashes will pop up!
Its great! - Tropico 3 is great, in fact its amazing but I'm waiting for when Feral and Apple put out Tropico 4 and its DLC'S
Amazing game - If you like the genre, you can't go wrong with this one. When I first tried it, I thought i'll only play for an hour - just to get a clue of whether it's good or bad. Ended up playing it for 7 hours. it's highly addictive and interesting.
Fantastic Game - Needs DL Content - This game is by far one of the best building games I have ever played. My ONLY complaint, aside from the occasional crash that happens when deleting things, is to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it easier to download content made by the users. Beyond the scenario and hard Sandbox mode, the game is essentially over. And for me, I would absolutely LOVE to create new content, and also try the challenges for others. At this time, I have yet to find any available for download. If you know of where we can dowload the challenges, please post it here! Again, this is well worth the money, even if you only get the original content, but new content or new challenges (Even if I had to pay for them) would be a nice addition.
The best, Just one more thing!!! - This is my favorite game in the Mac App Store. Waitting for Retina support!!!