Developer: Lee C. Baker
Current Version: 1.5
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 94 MB - Download
Bring the complete WikiTravel guide with you to read anywhere and everywhere, no internet connection required!
Travel Guide has information on traveling the whole world. From Congo to Canada, from Spain to Space, it's all here. Once the app is downloaded, you'll be ready to explore anywhere and everywhere.
TravelGuide includes all text content from WikiTravel, an open guide to traveling.
* Complete and up-to-date information - detailed destinations, and hundreds of thousands of places to eat, stay and see
* Lists of recommended restaurants, tours, and accommodation give you a great starting point in planning your trip
* Phrasebooks for hundreds of languages ensure you can communicate with locals
* Sample itineraries can give fantastic ideas for trips across a state, country or region
* Detail pages for national parks, museums, and monuments let you know what is worth seeing
* Additional topics like health, customs, and visas cover every aspect of travel
* No internet/WiFi required
* Clean formatting presents information clearly
* A simple Mac app behaves as you would expect, with native gestures, fast search, and no distractions
Updated Wikitravel content!
Minor graphics updates!
Most Helpful Reviews
Throw Away the Travel Guide - This is a pretty amazing app. Sure, you can access this information online, for free, but if you're like me you'll have many moments without Wi-Fi to help get your bearings straight. I'm in Europe for three months and right before I left home I decided not to take the hefty tome that is Lonely Planet's "Europe on a Shoestring." Instead I have my MacBook Air, which weighs nothing compared to LP, and TravelGuide has pretty much all the information I could glean from that book anyway. So far it's been great for getting a better understanding of London and avoiding tourist traps at the same time. Looking forward to using it for all the other cities and places it covers.