Developer: Corel Inc.
Current Version: 2.3
Last Updated: 8 months ago
Download Size: 184.6 MB - Download
From the makers of the best-selling Roxio Toast, Toast DVD is the easiest and fastest way to create DVDs on your Mac. Toast DVD is the perfect companion for iMovie, making it easy to share your movies with friends and family.
Toast DVD makes it simple for you to burn discs from the movies you create on your Mac.
What's New in Version 2.3
• Bug Fix: for the video exported by iMovie, Audio/Video are not synced in Toast DVD.
What's New in Version 2.2
• Add OS X EI Captain (10.11) compatibility.
• Fixed several bugs.
What's New in Version 2.1
• Add OS X Yosemite (10.10) compatibility.
• Improved stability.
• Added audio preview support.
• Fixed several bugs.
What’s New in Version 2
• Blu-ray video support as in app purchase
• Video_TS Compilation support
• FLV support
• Stability improvements
What's new in version 1.5
• Create slideshows: add, remove and re-order photos, and adjust the length of time they will appear
• Preview videos, trim unwanted footage and add chapters
• iMovie support
• Disc copy support (Mac OS 10.9 and above only)
• Easily apply audio effects with AU filters
Version 1.0 includes:
• Burn standard and high definition video discs to enjoy on your home entertainment system or computer Burn DVDs, Video-TS Folders and compilations complete with menus
• Burn HD content on standard DVDs to play on most Blu-ray players
• Choose from 25 colorful themes
• Customize menu text, colors, and backgrounds
• Use automatic chapter markers or create your own
• Support for 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios
• Include DVD-ROM content
• Save as Disc Image
Important Note: This version only supports OS X 10.7 and later.
If you encounter problems installing or using Toast DVD, please contact us at [email protected]
Bug Fix: for the video exported by iMovie, Audio/Video are not synced in Toast DVD.
Most Helpful Reviews
Works Really Well - I had Toast years ago on another Mac and loved it. Now that there isn’t even iDVD available on new Mac, I had to find a solution quickly. Toast burned perfectly and the menu works great. I used a Macbook Pro 13 purchased in 2014 with external disc drive.
Crash a lot!!! - This app is absolutely awful!! It doesn't burn videos well at all. I opened it and tried to import videos, then it crashed. DO NOT DO IT. So disappointed. Now I've stopped using It. Has almost no functionality. Unusable, Just Horrbie!!!
More Reviews for Current Version
Simple and easy to use - Its 2016 but some of my older family members still dont know how to use digital media. ( Not uncommon right . ) So I needed this program to make a few dvd’s of my daughters dance recital to send as christmas gifts for some of the older folks in our family that were not able to see her. Program was quick and easy. Just add the files,( mpeg4 was my format of choice ), select a menu template and hit burn. Of course there are more options available for those who are a bit more fancy than that but that was all i needed. Would recommend this program for a novice as it was very simple to use.
Crashed when encoding to PAL - Every time I tried to encode a file to PAL, it crashed while encoding.
Worked immediately! - I bought this for a personal project. It worked right away, and even warned me when I configured it wrong. (It was set to PAL when I needed NTSC).
Garbage - It gets the job done… But the menus look like a 3rd grade science project. I’ve been spoiled by iDVD. I use iMovie to make photo slideshows. I then burn to a disc to play on the TV at my studio. iDVD menus had a clean, crisp, pro look to them. These look like something my kid would make. Disappointed...
Worth its price - I am really happy to find a software that burns Blu Ray and any other type of disc. This software works just as it says. I'm dissapointed that Apple hasn’t made a good BD burning software that allows you to create professional menus. Toast has been a great fall back for what Apple is missing. I hope to see one day that toast creates a software similar to what Apples iDVD use to be. I’d hope that toast keeps its simple to use format but just adds some more detailed menu creating if we so choose to use it. Love it all in all.