Developer: Corel Inc.
Current Version: 2.3
Last Updated: 12 months ago
Download Size: 184.6 MB - Download
From the makers of the best-selling Roxio Toast, Toast DVD is the easiest and fastest way to create DVDs on your Mac. Toast DVD is the perfect companion for iMovie, making it easy to share your movies with friends and family.
Toast DVD makes it simple for you to burn discs from the movies you create on your Mac.
What's New in Version 2.3
• Bug Fix: for the video exported by iMovie, Audio/Video are not synced in Toast DVD.
What's New in Version 2.2
• Add OS X EI Captain (10.11) compatibility.
• Fixed several bugs.
What's New in Version 2.1
• Add OS X Yosemite (10.10) compatibility.
• Improved stability.
• Added audio preview support.
• Fixed several bugs.
What’s New in Version 2
• Blu-ray video support as in app purchase
• Video_TS Compilation support
• FLV support
• Stability improvements
What's new in version 1.5
• Create slideshows: add, remove and re-order photos, and adjust the length of time they will appear
• Preview videos, trim unwanted footage and add chapters
• iMovie support
• Disc copy support (Mac OS 10.9 and above only)
• Easily apply audio effects with AU filters
Version 1.0 includes:
• Burn standard and high definition video discs to enjoy on your home entertainment system or computer Burn DVDs, Video-TS Folders and compilations complete with menus
• Burn HD content on standard DVDs to play on most Blu-ray players
• Choose from 25 colorful themes
• Customize menu text, colors, and backgrounds
• Use automatic chapter markers or create your own
• Support for 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios
• Include DVD-ROM content
• Save as Disc Image
Important Note: This version only supports OS X 10.7 and later.
If you encounter problems installing or using Toast DVD, please contact us at AppSupport@corel.com.
Bug Fix: for the video exported by iMovie, Audio/Video are not synced in Toast DVD.
Most Helpful Reviews
Works Really Well - I had Toast years ago on another Mac and loved it. Now that there isn’t even iDVD available on new Mac, I had to find a solution quickly. Toast burned perfectly and the menu works great. I used a Macbook Pro 13 purchased in 2014 with external disc drive.
Crash a lot!!! - This app is absolutely awful!! It doesn't burn videos well at all. I opened it and tried to import videos, then it crashed. DO NOT DO IT. So disappointed. Now I've stopped using It. Has almost no functionality. Unusable, Just Horrbie!!!
More Reviews for Current Version
Crashes after encoding - This application loaded fine, and runs okay, but then crashes after encoding media. So - after taking an hour and a bit to encode material, it just gives up the ghost, and one has to start over from scratch. Tech support was unresponsive, and getting a refund has proven difficult. Would suggest avoiding.
Crashed when encoding to PAL - Every time I tried to encode a file to PAL, it crashed while encoding.
Not for pros - This is not a high quality or professional app. It is only for utilitarian, personal use. If you just need to get your video on a disc and don’t care what it looks like, then you’re fine. But if you need ANY sort of custom control over your menu design you are not going to get it. The preset menus are ugly and inflexible. You can’t even preview your disc! If you’re expecting iDVD sorry but this is not it.
Worked immediately! - I bought this for a personal project. It worked right away, and even warned me when I configured it wrong. (It was set to PAL when I needed NTSC).
Garbage - It gets the job done… But the menus look like a 3rd grade science project. I’ve been spoiled by iDVD. I use iMovie to make photo slideshows. I then burn to a disc to play on the TV at my studio. iDVD menus had a clean, crisp, pro look to them. These look like something my kid would make. Disappointed...