To Text Converter
Developer: Tension Software
Current Version: 1.4
Last Updated: 7 months ago
Download Size: 1.2 MB - Download
To Text Converter is an app to convert files from various formats (PDF, HTML, RTF, RTFD) to standard plain TEXT files
It works with drag and drop of files from the finder to the application window.
No other actions required.
It is the right solution to extract from your files the content in pure text format for successive use.
The original files are always leaved untouched and unmodified.
It can accept a single or multiple files in a single drag and drop operation.
It can accept and convert to plain text:
• PDF documents from any platform (.pdf files)
• Web pages (.html and .htm files)
• Rich text Format documents ( .rtf files)
• Rich Text Format with embedded graphics documents ( .rtfd files)
To Text Converter works creating new text files inside a selected folder or in a custom destination asked after dropping the files, as specified in the preferences.
The newly created files will contain, in text format, the perfectly readable textual content of the original files
The original files will be always left untouched to never damage your work.
Useful to extract text, cleaning it from format text and various language code, in case of web pages, PDF, RTF and RTFD files.
Obtained text, can be used for any purpose because it is always 'clean' with no code inside and ready to use in any other application.
Process many files at once dropping them on the 'To Text Converter' main window, in that case it will save more files each with the relative text inside, all in a single step.
Shows in the window path to the converted and created files.
It is able to show in the finder and directly open them pressing a button, both the last processed file and the converted one.
It is fast and can convert and save a large quantity of files in a very short time, often in a flash if file size is small or medium.
Fully compatible with macOS 10.10 Yosemite
Optimized for macOS 10.12 Sierra
• Easy to use, no learning curve at all
• Works using Drag and Drop
• Can save results in a custom folder or near the originals
• Never touch or modify the original files
• Works on PDF, RTF, RTFD, HTM, HTML
• Convert also more then one file per time
• Log of processed files
• PDF manual embedded
• 'Ask When Saving' option substitutes the 'Same as Source' folder destination option, to better adapt to the sandbox interface style.
• Bug fixes
• Optimized for macOS 10.12 Sierra
Most Helpful Reviews
It Did Exactly What It Said It Would Do! - It Will covert PDF to Txt! (Not Pictures of scanned text)
worst app ever - worst app ever...doesnt work...biggest rip off