Developer: Claus Zimmermann
Current Version: 1.2
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 15.7 MB - Download
Using the camera of your computer, TieSight makes it really easy to tie a tie. With TieSight you can see directly in your reflection how to tie the perfect tie knot. All you have to do is to bring yourself into the right position and follow the instruction which TieSight will give you.
TieSight includes eleven different knot types you can choose from:
* Half Windsor
* Four in Hand
* Small Knot
* Saint Andrew
Additional tying instructions can can be bought for the following knot types via In-App Purchase:
* Bow Tie
* Hanover Knot
For each knot type TieSight will show you a sequence of sub-steps which you have to imitate in your reflection. There are three different ways for you to control when the next sub-step is displayed:
* Control TieSight by noise recognition in order to have both hands free while tying the knot. If you are ready for the next sub-step, then just make a noise (e.g. a loud word, cough or whistle) and TieSight will proceed.
* Select timer control and TieSight will use a countdown for each sub-step. You can configure the length of the countdown depending on your skills
* Select manual control if you want to use your trackpad, mouse or the arrow keys to control the sequence of the sub-steps
Note: TieSight needs a camera in order to work properly. Please assure that your Mac provides an external or build-in camera (such as FaceTime or iSight camera) before you choose to buy TieSight. If you want to use noise recognition, a microphone has to be connected to your Mac.
* Added support for retina display
* Black and white reflection is now optional
* Implemented sandboxing for improved security
* Added Spanish translations
* Minor bug fixing
Most Helpful Reviews
Very Handy App - This is a very handy little app to have ! Nice to know that the art of doing a tie is not yet lost. Top marks for this simple but very valuable app :) Anyone who still needs to wear a tie and would like to mix it up a bit this is a must have !
More Reviews for Current Version
Doesn’t work on iMac running high sierra - This used to be great. I loaded it up on my new iMac and the app is no longer able to access the camera. It look slike it has not been updated in 4 years. Hopefully, the developer can give this a quick refresh. It would be a great iPhone app too - could be a good application for AR Kit.
Best $.99 I ever spent. - Absolutely love this app. So useful, so useful.