The Oscillator - Foundation Of Synthesis
Developer: ASK Video
Current Version: 2.1.0
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 800.2 MB - Download
Learn all about Oscillators and sound generation from synthesist Marc Doty and support the educational activities of the Bob Moog Foundation all at the same time...
This second course in the 6-part series on the Foundation Of Synthesis is all about Oscillators. Bob Moog Foundation lead educator, Marc Doty, introduces you to the basic concepts of sound generation and waveforms. You’ll see and hear these waveforms in action as Marc brings out his arsenal of “collector” synths and explains the details of what made these famous analog and digital instruments tick!
Get ready to modulate! First you’ll learn about modulating wave shapes via pulse and wave-shape modulation techniques. You’ll see LFO and FM modulation in action on the classic ARP 2600. Then Marc dives into the digital domain with a look at some classic hardware and software digital synths (Ensoniq & Reason) with their digital oscillators, wave tables and more.
Throughout this series, Marc demonstrates the science of sound with informative animations and hands-on demonstrations of his collection of classic synths from many different designers! It’s great to see how these fantastic instruments deploy their unique sonic technologies.
Bob Moog was an early pioneer and inventor of voltage controlled analog synthesizers. He revolutionized the music industry and his ideas, inventions and musical instruments have dominated the sound of music for more than 30 years. Aside from being an innovator, Dr. Bob was an outspoken advocate of education. The Bob Moog Foundation, created by his daughter, Michelle Moog-Kousa, continues his legacy with Dr. Bob's SoundSchool, the preservation of his inventions and the development of the Moogseum – the only museum of its kind dedicated to the advancement of sonic education. We hope you will help support the BMF's efforts by watching these courses with the knowledge that a large portion of the proceeds go to support their awesome efforts!
So sit back, turn up the volume, and continue your journey into the Foundation of Synthesis with Marc Doty, and the Bob Moog Foundation. Be sure to watch all 6 of the BMF's courses on filters, modulation, oscillators and more!
Table of contents:
1. The Oscillator Introduction
2. Oscillator Tuning - Part 1
3. Oscillator Tuning - Part 2
4. Waveforms - Part 1
5. Waveforms - Part 2
6. Pulse Width
7. Pulse Width Modulation
8. Variable Waveshape
9. Variable Waveshape Modulation
10. The Oscillator modulated by LFO
11. Oscillator Modulation on the ARP 2600
12. The Oscillator as Modulation
13. A Digital Oscillator
14. A Software Oscillator
15. Oscillator Synchronization
16. The CS-15 Oscillator "Glide"
17. Pseudo-Additive Oscillator Usage
• Improved User Interface and Experience.
• Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
• View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing video or from the Home screen.
• Mark your favourite tutorials.
• Take your learning experience full screen.
• Hide or show the tutorial outline whenever you want.
• Compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), and newer.