The Bard's Tale
Developer: inXile Entertainment
Current Version: 1.3.4
Last Updated: 15 days ago
Download Size: 3.2 GB - Download
#1 RPG in 63 countries on iOS, including USA, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, Japan, and China!
* Sync your saved games between Mac and iOS! *
“The Bard’s Tale is easily the funniest game I’ve ever played, and I’ve played all the funny games out there.” – IGN
You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through song you summon magical characters to join you on your quest for coin and cleavage!
“Ready your weapon and bladder as you embark on this ridiculously addicting quest and the funniest adventure of the year, The Bard’s Tale” – Game Chronicles
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
• 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
• A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
• A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
• Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
• 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
• Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
• More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
• Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
But wait! That’s not all! Enjoy these great new additions to the original PC version:
• Autosave—option to save automatically when you near a save-book in game.
• iCloud Saves*—option to save to iCloud, enables sharing saves across all your Mac installations and your iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).
• Time-Savers*—optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence, just as in the original console release.)
• Full Screen Toggle—Cmd+F toggles between windowed and full screen view.
• Supports USB gamepads and sticks for controllers in addition to mouse/keyboard.
•Adaptive Rendering—displays at full native monitor resolution with user-accessible performance options**.
“This game is satire in its sharpest form” – Cheat Code Central
Play The Bard’s Tale today!
Mac OS X adaptation by Square One Games.
Minimum System Requirements
• OS X 10.6.6 or higher (10.7 required for some features*)
• 3.6GB Hard disk space
* OS X 10.7 required for iCloud Saves and Time-Savers (in-app purchase) features.
* * Lowering display resolution may be required for best performance on some pre mid 2007 Mac models.
We are committed to improvement. Please send support requests through The Bard’s Tale Support link below. For the latest news, “Like” us on our Facebook product-page “The Bard’s Tale”, and follow us on Twitter @Inxile_Ent.
Fix permissions for original trilogy download on OSX 10.10 and higher.
Most Helpful Reviews
WILL be great - The Mac version is broken. The snarky and nice indicators dont show up on screen, making it impossible to get past mary in the tavern, on the First level. Also, the controls make it inpossible for a player to use "WASD" for movement and the track pad for camera. Fixing that, or making it available in the next update would be a nice feature as well. I love this game, i have it for xbox and would love to not have wasted $10 on this so i could play it on my mac. *UPDATE* I talked to one of the techies and they told me how to fix the bug. What is supposed to happen at that point in the scene (Where everyone has to stop) is two theater mask icons appear at the top of the screen in the black bar (or text choices in some cases). The one on the left is smirking (Snarky), and the one on the right is smiling (Nice). Clicking one or the other lets you choose how the Bard will reply to the character in the scene--Snarky or Nice. You cannot continue without making a selection with the mouse (or buttons if using a gamepad). Whats happening for everyone is those two icons Aren't appearing. How to fix (Until the next update, i hope): from in game (I.e. any point when you're actually capable to move around, or are in dialouge with another player. NOT at the start menu): Hold the "Left Shift" button then press Left+Right+Left+Right+Up+Up+Down+Down on the directional pad. When prompted for a code, enter [email protected] This will take away the black bars from either side of the screen and you will see the faces and be able to continue. Problem Solved!
Currently barely playable - The game looks like it will be a lot of fun, at some point in the future when it's working properly. Currenlty subtitle choices often don't show up, and I think many onscreen icons are missing. The online manual references icons to click on that I'm not finding. Only through trial and error, and blindly clicking on black areas hoping to select a choice am I able to advance the story and/or figure out what is going on. On a related note, the controls seem clunkhy, and there doesn't appear to be a way to just use ASDW to control your self. You have to point and click with the mouse to get around which grows tiresome after a while. Hopefully they get the interface/UI working, because right now it's really hurting what looks like it would otherwise be a very fun game.