Developer: Unmarked Software, LLC
Current Version: 7.4.3
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 6.1 MB - Download
Automate the drudgery and repetitive steps of manually fixing up the text you work with.
Soap is in our name. Use TextSoap to clean text, word documents, outgoing email, web pages, and more, Wash away unwanted characters, spaces, tabs, remove or fix formatting issues. Fix paragraphs with hard returns at the end of each line, extra spaces, extra tabs and more. Clean up your text all while (optionally) maintaining the text's fonts, character styles, and colors.
- Maintains character style information as it fixes text.
- Find by style, then change either style, text, or both.
- Find by text, then change either style, text, or both.
- Use Scrub cleaner to handle common formatting errors.
- Choose from over 100+ built-in cleaner solutions.
- Create virtually unlimited custom cleaner solutions to meet your specific needs. Just drag and drop among the 40+ actions into a step-by-step custom list.
- Use built-in groups to organize by function, or build your own custom groups to organize cleaners by task, function, or any other criteria you need.
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE
- Full Unicode regular expressions support.
- Regex lab shows your regular expression matches as you type.
- Conditional actions provides IF-THEN functionality to simplify working with a smaller subsets of text.
- Advanced attribute option finds and changes text and font attributes.
If you like TextSoap, please leave a brief review on the Mac App Store.
* Additional improvements to support OS X Yosemite.
* Addressed a crashing issue when trying to display text that contains certain control characters.
* Additional bug fixes.
Most Helpful Reviews
A beautiful app - I have a huge site I'm trying to bring into the current century. Parts of it have been in existence since 1996, and the ancient HTML and awful formatting were driving me nuts. I dropped a problem page in, and with a couple clicks, all the garbage was gone, the HTML was current, and I could simply drop the once-wrecked text onto the site. Where it worked. This is a fantastic application for converting web page html to emails, too, getting the text to wrap correctly, making it look the way you need it to look. Five stars. And a fervent thank you to the folks who created it.