Developer: Niles Mitchell
Current Version: 3.1.0
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 2.2 MB - Download
Text2Tape is an application that lets you record documents into audio files using the Mac's built in speech technology. Download thousands of free public domain books from Project Gutenberg and record them for playback! Record Web Pages saved as HTML or Webarchive! Record your Microsoft Word documents! Play them back on your Mac, or sync them to your iPhone, iPod, or iPad for on-the-go listening! The possibilities are endless!
• Text2Tape can batch record multiple supported documents in any combination.
• Supported document types include TXT, RTF, DOC, DOCX, XML, HTML, ODT, and Webarchive.
• Each audio file will be named after the document that it was recorded from automatically.
• Audio files will be recorded in the voice that you have selected in the Speech Control Panel.
• Supported output audio formats are AAC, AIFF, and WAVE.
While AAC is preferred because of it's significantly smaller file size, some 3rd party voices may not support it. For that reason, AIFF and WAVE are included as well.
If you are looking to record entries from the Notes application, please see "Recorder for Notes".
Updated to work with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
Most Helpful Reviews
Great little app! - Downloaded this to listen to books and manuals. This is the only speech app that records documents. Everything else you have to copy and paste text into. Yuck! I threw all kinds of documents at it, and nothing made it stumble! It very quickly recorded each one in turn. Text2Tape only took about 15 minutes to record a 16 hour book! Very impressed!
Text2Tape - I can't make this actually record a file or open the Speech Control Panel using OS 10.6.8.
More Reviews for Current Version
Astounding! - Downloaded it and entered long document. It took maybe 16 minutes; then it was where it was sent; seven hours, at my desired listening speed!