Templates for Xcode
Developer: Sprockit Apps
Current Version: 1.2
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 589.3 MB - Download
Templates for Xcode is a collection of ready-to-use Xcode projects that can be used to build working iPhone and iPad apps, saving hours of labor and frustration. Use each template independently or combine code from different templates to create fully functional apps ready for the app store.
* Image Gallery - Builds an image gallery using UICollectionView and shows a detail screen. Great starter for a wallpaper app.
* Glow camera style app - allows user to take photos and draw on them with neon
* JSON Example - shows you how to create an app that uses web-based API to create content based app with JSON
* Blurry wallpaper type app
* Quiz/Flashcard App - Perfect for developing educational apps. Display content for review, flash cards with flip animation, and multiple quizzes.
* Split Camera Booth - Camera app that splits screen into 2-4 distinct shots, applies effects, and shares images.
* Retro Booth - Camera app that creates old style film strip and applies effects like Sepia. Share images.
* Radio Player - play radio streams with stations and shows, and allow user to make their own recordings.
* Steam entertainment app
* File Downloader - Shows how to download and extract the contents of a zip file and how to use it later in code. Great for building in-app purchase apps that download media.
* Audio Player - lets the user pick an audio file to listen to from a selection displayed in a table view. Then displays detail screen with selected image while audio file plays. The user can set the length of time the audio plays.
* Core Image - simple app demonstrating how to use some of the new iOS core image codes to do simple image processing.
* Flashcards - a simple flashcard app.
* RSS Reader - A simple RSS reader. Loads headlines from specified feed with images, when user taps a given headline the full article is loaded in a web view.
* Tweeter - this app combines a web view, email functionality, and new iOS 5 twitter integration. Demonstrates how to load a web view and email the link from within an app. The user can also send tweets from inside the app.
* Swiping Images Wallpaper app - this app displays images in a scroll view and can be set up for vertical or horizontal swiping of images. The currently visible image can be saved to the phones photo gallery for use as a wallpaper.
* Budget/Calendar App: This template is a monthly budgeting app showing you how to implement a calendar.
* Split View Movie Player for iPad
* Accelerometer - simple example that demonstrates use of built in accelerometer
* Alarm Themed- a functional app that plays different alarm sounds. Allows user to pick alarm sound with picker view, pick background for clock, and set alarm using a UIDatePicker. Themed with images.
* Pinch and Zoom - adds an image view to a scroll view and allows user to pinch and zoom using the iOS 5 UITapGestureRecognizer.
* Phone Dialer - imports contacts from phone and displays them in a table view. When a cell in the table view is tapped, it dials the contacts phone number.
* Plot Graphs - demo app that plots a quadratic equation in a graph and a pie chart. Uses the core plot library.
App includes a total of 28 templates. Note you must change graphics before submitting projects as your own apps to the store. Xcode required to use templates.
Fixed RSS reader to include images. Added JSON app and image gallery/UICollectionview app.
Most Helpful Reviews
old code samples - Although the info says it has been updates, some of the samples in here are from Oct, 2011, and won’t run.