Developer: The Alchemist Guild
Current Version: 1.6.1
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 3.7 MB - Download
TaskCard is a simple and visual way to organize your thoughts and tasks into to-do lists. Like sticky notes on the desk, TaskCards can be posted and organized in different sizes and colors around your desktop to help you remember important things or keep lists for projects. TaskCard is also a to-do application which lets you set due dates for tasks so you can keep on track and on time.
Some of the features include:
▪ Syncs events with iCal which lets you share tasks with all your iOS devices and other online calendars!
▪ Due date reminders to keep you on time.
▪ Fully supports DropBox for sharing sheets between multiple Macs.
▪ Helper application that runs in the background and notifies you of overdue tasks.
▪ Attach documents, emails and applications from the Finder to your cards for reference and quick navigation.
▪ "Sheets" which allow you to group cards into projects that can be switched around easily.
▪ Never in the way. TaskCard can behave like Dashboard, go behind the Desktop or sit in the background.
▪ Add URL's of web sites to cards for handy access.
▪ Clip pictures to cards for associating images with to-do tasks or archiving snippets of information.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us directly for a quick reply and don't forget to look at the full manual in the Help menu!
IMPORTANT: This version fixes critical bugs which were introduced in 1.6. Highly recommended for all users.
- In the Edit > Mode menu there are 3 modes: 1) Returns ends sessions, 2) Returns adds task, 3) Multiple line. See the manual in the Help menu for more information on editing modes (Tasks > Editing Modes).
Fixes and improvements:
- Put back the gradient opacity preference since some users were using it.
- Sheet browser broke for right and bottom edge settings in 1.6.
- Crash introduced into 1.6 when the sheet folder was empty.
- In 1.6 cards were always hidden when the application deactivated even when Hide/Show like Dashboard was turned off.
- Hide Desktop, Cover Desktop, Place Over Desktop and Hide Sheets menu items now save their state.
- Opening sheet files from the finder updates them in the sheet browser.
- Until scrolling is implemented cards truncate to the screen height in order to prevent cards so long you can't even close them.
- If you try to add a calendar card with too many items it will be filter to the current month and warning issued.
- The card overdue status nows displays correct results for tasks that are completed or filtered by date.
- The activation key now works independently of Hide/Show like Dashboard.
- The sheet menu always shows your first 9 sheets even if the browser is closed.
- The way missing folders are handled is now more robust and gives better warnings.
- The Sheet menu only shows 10 previews to reduce clutter for users with many sheets.
- The Show Tasks From menu is working for subscribed calendar cards.
Most Helpful Reviews
Works great and Dropbox supported! - This program can be used as simply as a stickies replacement or as comprehensively as task and information management. I use a little bit of both. A personal recommendation would be to play with the opacity and gradient settings so that you can set the color richness to your liking. I'm much more efficient with visual cues, so making the colors richer helps me zero in on my information better. Don't be put off by the one line entry - just keep typing, still works like a sticky! If you are one who likes affirmations or imagery, the background picture can be changed to images that will help keep you organized and in a positive space. I'm thrilled with this product, and it's dropbox supported. I'm slowly moving towards applications that are only dropbox supported. If you read my reviews, I will be noting whether or not the app is dropbox supported from 2011 forward. @robcomputerguy
Waste of money - Bought this app with high hopes. This crap does not work.
More Reviews for Current Version
Too buggy - The concept is decent enough, but this app is very unstable. It feels more like an early beta than a finished piece of software. Thankfully it was only $5. I'm off to find a better solution.
Completely Useless - Hangs up continuously - unresponsive. Tried deleting and reinstalling, same thing Refund?
It was fun, but it really didn't do the job I needed - One of many task managers I have tried. It was fun to set up all the groups of tasks. You could customize the colors and create multiple spreads of groups of tasks. However, in the end, it didn't work for me. It left me with lists and lists and didn't help me figure out what I should be doing at a particular time.
Shaky start, but working great, and a great little app. - My advice is to start simple and get more developed as you think of ways to use it. I had a frustrating few days getting TaskCard to sync properly using DropBox, but once I got it set up correctly (through hit and miss), I'm finding it to be a very useful program. I have just about every GTD kind of task list ever produced (Things, Omnifocus, Inbox, etc.), and found the ones that do sync with iCal were a bit too much for my needs. I tend to get my todos done as soon as possible so they don't hang over me. The programs that were very simple and useful to me don't sync across my Macs. TaskCard takes care of all my todos, with indents for sub-todos, has a window for my random thoughts, a window for a shopping list, and a wish list. Very flexible, and can be minimized to stay out of my face while using other programs.
Update: Too buggy to recommend - Update: I really wanted to like this app but it's just too buggy. The calendar feature consistently added every item in my calendar to a task, creating duplicated items throughout my calendar. The app also consistently crashes. The final straw was when the app managed to delete all of the data I had stored in it. Great idea but needs lots of stability improvements. Previous Review: I've been looking for an application that combined task management and document management. Most doc management apps makes copies of your files, are text based, or are just too in depth for what I need. This app allows you to create cards (think of them like sticky notes) that can have multiple tasks with due dates as well as links to files and folders. You can move these sticky notes around the screen and order them as you will. Developers: Please add an option to turn off animations when creating and deleting cards. The animations can be slow and unnecessary. Also, please add an option to change the color of cards and to create cards that actually look like sticky notes. Bugs: On monitors where the taskbar is along the left of the screen the sheet icons appear behind the taskbar and can be inaccessible. Background images do not take up the full screen on higher resolution monitors (e.g. 1900x1680).