Tap Forms Organizer 5 Database
Developer: Tap Zapp Software Inc.
Current Version: 5.2.6
Last Updated: 6 days ago
Download Size: 22.3 MB - Download
Your digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details. Now with iCloud Sync!
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your Mac (iOS + Apple Watch app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the 33 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
+++ Mac Format Magazine (March, 2014) - comparing Tap Forms to other organizational programs:
"Tap Forms is the clear winner by a mile. The user interface is beautifully Mac-like, the structuring of data is similar enough to Bento that it offers only a shallow learning curve, it offers a direct import of Bento templates, and the iOS companion app is great."
• Capture your way: add a picture, type some text, attach a file — there are 23 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms.
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. Exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Layout designer for creating custom form layouts
• Advanced search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Lightning-fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Import & Export standard text, CSV and XLSX files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print 24 different types of barcodes including ISBN, UPC, Code 39, QR code, EAN, and more!
• Label printing engine includes over 1,000 Avery® label templates
• Print record details
• List, multi-column, calendar, map, and photo grid views.
Store 23 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
• Signature (capture on iOS, view on Mac)
Includes more than 33 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
• Added Right-to-Left interface support and Arabic localization.
• Added support for copying fields to a Table field from another form.
• Added support for copying records from another form to a Table field's list of records.
• Added support for the PI (3.14159...) constant in the formula editor.
• Added Default Value for Rating field type.
• Added auto-complete support to Default Layout Text fields.
• Group summaries get turned off automatically if you turn off the section headings.
• You can now tab from a checkmark field to the next field on the Default Layout.
• Fixed bug with Totals not displaying on records list view for Link to Form fields that have the Join Link Type.
• Fixed bug importing checkmark fields in German.
• Fixed double-click issue on date picker when navigating by clicking quickly on the arrow buttons. It was being interpreted as a double-click and would dismiss the date picker.
• Fixed issue with printing the "Table of records" report and the order of fields in the multi-column view not matching.
• Fixed bug with Photo field where on the Default Layout, drag and drop would not work for every Photo field if you had multiple Photo fields in your form.
If you enjoy using Tap Forms and have a couple of spare minutes, please leave a review. I really appreciate every review. Each one makes a huge difference to the success and continued improvement of Tap Forms. Thanks in advance! - Brendan
Most Helpful Reviews
It’s a great release, stop complaining about no iCloud/Dropbox - After owning hundreds of apps over the years and dealing with (mostly) poor support from the developers I have to commend Brenden for putting up with all this negativity after busitng his butt to put our a new release. For those of you who wish for iCloud support, you have no idea what a big pain it is and how poor of a service it really is. Dropbox was great but has changed the way it can be accessed and shut programs like TF out. The developer did a good job of picking CloudAnt and I hope he gets a few more choices online at some point but… In the meantime this is a solid product from a well established developer who really cares about you guys. Cut him some slack and really put some effort into this release to see how it works for you. As a long time TF user I can tell you its very good and will continue to get better. It’s also the best solution out there in this category (I know, I’ve tried them all). Let’s help Brenden by sending him valid bug reports on things to fix rather than complaining about things that you don’t like about this release.
Beware of sync! Cloud means IBM! Not iCloud or Dropbox! - I am not happy. I was looking forward to this update because of the promised automatic syncing. The video looks great and mentions two ways to sync 1] Nearby and 2] Using the cloud. So I was expecting to be able to continue using iCloud or Dropbox as in the earlier version. Nope. Doesn’t support either. By cloud sync, they mean setting up an account with IBM Cloudant, which may or may not charge you a fee based on your use! Where is this mentioned above in the description or in the video? I feel as if I have been totally lied to and ripped off and will ask for a refund from Apple. This is bogus, guys. Shame on you!
More Reviews for Current Version
Best Ever... - Wait, I haven’t written a review about TapForms yet? impossible, it’s only my most used app, ever since the first iPhone or whenever this app was first offered for sale. It started as my password holder, but over the years it has grown and blossomed like the phone itself. i was using this app way back when it had a crappy icon, yeah I’ve been a fan since before Brendan was famous. TapForms now is a daily user for me and indexing every kind of note, document, folder and all those passwords. So many passwords. And behind all the great design and funtionality is Brendan, the dev team and owner in one. Over the years, I’ve come to Brendan for help with how to do this or do that, and he’s always been there, always in a timely manner. I’m not really doing this app justice either, because I use about 20% of what it can do. It can organize just about everything digital and keep it safe. It doesn’t get any better than that. I just realized that I’m reviewing this on the Mac App Store, so that would be a review of the Mac based version of TapForms, and I do have that as well, but my review above was talking about the phone app, sorry bout that if any of you got confused. The take away here is that Brendan has created and continues to improve an app that is more than worth the price of purchase, whichever operating system you use.