Tactical Space Command
Developer: Lensflare Games LLC
Current Version: 1.2.2
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 6.3 MB - Download
Organize ships into task forces. Give your ships and task forces orders. Promote and assign officers to command your ships, stations and task forces. Allocate production. Customize your research focus. Take that rock or die trying. Smash any planetary defenses that get in your way. Bring death and bitter defeat to all that oppose you.
(Tactical Space Command is only an abstract tactical space combat simulation. No lifeforms were harmed in the making of this game; all civilian and military casualties are merely simulated. Past performance does not guarantee total victory, offer void in partial vacuum. Do not break glass, there is no emergency.)
About the game:
Tactical Space Command (TSC) is an abstract space combat command simulation where you are in command of a fleet, delegating orders to the ships and task forces under your command and monitoring your fleet's progress via a combat Information system style interface.
TSC includes a variety of scenarios with different challenges for the player, but the basic goal of the game is to capture all enemy planets and asteroids while defending your own from attack. In the game, you can:
• Organize ships into task forces and assign formations.
• Give a wide range of orders to your task forces and independent ships.
• Promote and assign officers to command your ships, stations and task forces (or let the computer handle that for you).
• Allocate planetary production to build ships and defense stations.
• Customize your research focus.
• Capture enemy planets and asteroids while defending your own from enemy assault.
• Interdict enemy shipping to cripple enemy production while protecting your own shipping from attack.
• Customize event notifications to keep track of game events.
• Create your own custom scenarios and share them with other players.
TSC takes full advantage of high resolution displays to deliver sharp vector graphics, and includes an option for an alternate color palette for red-green colorblind players. It also includes a tutorial, gameplay tips and help for every screen and selection to help ease beginning players into the game.
• Fix for issue in user scenarios that use randomized planet names (i.e., duplicate planet names) that causes issues with saving those games.
• Fix for occasional issue with initial dialogs after startup
• Added feature to display which scenarios have been completed/won.
Most Helpful Reviews
Awsome - This is a great game. It kind of reminds me Ender’s Game. The came was very easy to learn (with the tutorial [one can only imagine how bad it would be to try to learn this without it]). Game lengths can very from about 30 min. to several hours. The only slightly annoying thing is that the A.I. players seem to give orders based on what my orders are not only on what they can see through there sensors. But that sometimes isn’t even that bad because it is fun to guess how the A.I. players make there decisions and use it against them. Over all: One of my favorite games, well worth the price. (Wait! I just realized the price is down two dollars) Definitely worth the price!