Tab Notes Lite
Developer: Catalystwo Limited
Current Version: 1.7.1
Last Updated: 5 days ago
Download Size: 3.6 MB - Download
Thank you for using Tab Notes Lite.
100,000 users with average 4.7 star rating!
Tab Notes Lite is a Menu Bar application which keeps your notes tidy and easy to access and your screen uncluttered. Click on your screen edge, then a note pops up!
Watch the demonstration video here ▶ https://vimeo.com/62485482
• Click on your screen's edge to take a note.
• Document file types are conventional RTF (Rich Text) and RTFD (Rich Text with images). Not proprietary format. (This application uses "Comment" property in RTF. )
• Documents folder can be any folder in your home folder.
• Supports versioning. OSX keeps documents' previous versions. (This app does not contain version browser. Please use TextEdit to browse version files.)
• The app has built-in short term backup system. Changes made to notes will be kept for 3 days in the backup folder (you can open it from the preferences). For more comprehensive backup system, we recommend other application.
• Customisable with original themes created in Tab Notes Theme Editor:
* This application is a "menu bar app". The application icon does not appear in "Dock". Instead it appears in main menu bar. You can change preferences from the icon in the main menu bar.
Q. The application does not open. It does't work.
A. This app is a menu bar app. App icon does not appear in Dock. It is designed to serve you discreetly without occupying Dock space. The application icon appears in the right part of the main menu bar at the top of the screen.
Q. Tab did not appear. Where can I add my notes?
A. Just click the screen edge. Please see the video https://vimeo.com/62485482
Q. It would not let me delete the app.
A. Finder does not let you delete an app that is currently running. Quit the app first. To quit the app, choose Quit from this application's menu in the main menu bar at the top of the screen. (Even though this app may be running, while in stand by, its CPU power usage is almost nothing.)
Q. Isn't there any "Preferences" for this app?
A. Yes there are. The menu icon of this app is located in the right part of the main menu bar at the top of the screen. You can choose this app's Preferences here.
Q. How do I change themes or background colour?
A. Press and hold Control key then click a tab. Contextual menu appears. (Depending on device configurations, right-click on mouse or two finger click on track pad may be used.)
Copyright CuteCritters http://www.Tutorial9.net/
Copyright SpoonGraphics http://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk
- Improved compatibility with High Sierra ... when changing "Automatically hide and show the menu bar" in System Preferences app.
Most Helpful Reviews
Cute - uh huh, but the functionality is the best part - I nearly didn't download this app - it looked a little too *cute* for my taste. However, I really needed something to keep track of frequently used snippets of info (university grading scale, class rosters, etc) without having to start up Word or a text editor, open the file, etc, etc. Tab Notes works great - I use the small and unobtrusive plain tabs (rather than the cuddly animal figures) to mark my info. When I need the info, it's there. When I don't, Tab Notes is out of the way along the border of my screen. The app works perfectly for my needs.
Newest update - I had the previous version installed for a very long time, but when it said to update it. I update it and now when I click open, it won’t open. I had stored passwords and now I can’t even access it. I hope they fix this soon.