Synalyze It! Pro
Current Version: 1.21
Last Updated: 2 days ago
Download Size: 36.2 MB - Download
Are you serious about hex editing and binary file analysis?
Do you know how frustrating and annoying it can be to use a regular hex editor?
You have to keep in mind the meaning of all the bits and bytes while crawling through the file.
And every time you look at a file you start anew this tedious process.
Stop wasting your time and let your Mac do the work.
With Synalyze It! Pro you can
* define a "grammar" that contains all the knowledge about a file format
* decode files automatically using this grammar with the Universal Parsing Engine
* make assumptions in unknown file formats and record them in a grammar
* save tons of time by using free grammars for well-known file formats like ZIP, JPEG, PNG, ICC or OpenType
* reveal the secrets of proprietary formats
* learn reverse engineering of binary files
* process the parsed file contents with Python or Lua scripts
* analyze files with powerful features like histograms
Synalyze It! Pro is a real breakthrough in binary file analysis - a modeling tool for binary files.
And by the way: it's a great hex editor, too :-) The Hex Editor you'll love!
Here are some key features of Synalyze It! Pro:
* Hex Editor & Viewer (change, insert and delete quickly in files of unlimited size)
* Definition of a "grammar" for binary files with Scripting support - conserve your knowledge!
* Comparison of binary files (only in this Pro version)
* Automatic backup of edited files
* Offers dozens of text encodings including UTF-16, UTF-8 or EBCDIC code pages
* Scripting editor (only in this Pro version)
* Automatic installation of existing grammars
* Export of analysis to XML or text (only in this Pro version)
* Export grammars to GraphViz (only in this Pro version)
* Data view for common variable types (only in this Pro version)
* Multi selection of results (only in this Pro version)
* Go to position item in toolbar (only in this Pro version)
* Python and Lua scripting element (only in this Pro version)
* Edit description of structures and elements (only in this Pro version)
* Change Font in hex view (only in this Pro version)
* Customize all colors and other settings
* Printing with correct pagination
* Histogram view
* Checksum / hash value panel (only in this Pro version)
* Go to Position in file using expressions
* Save selected bytes
* Compare code pages
* Incremental text search with encoding selection
* Find text
* Find numbers
* Search for masks
* See all strings in a file
If you want to give feedback or have any questions, we'd love to hear from you!
Simply write an email to [email protected]
Text display uses now substitution fonts if necessary automatically
Highlighting of invalid bytes (according to text encoding) can be disabled now
Fixed 64 bit issues in grammar reading, mask editing and file search
Several minor issues and crashes fixed
Most Helpful Reviews
The best at hex - Described in one word, indispensable. Synalyze it is much more than a hex editor. It’s like a logic logic analyzer for binary files. I would like for it to be able to compare and difference two files similar to Kaleidoscope, but for binary files, to see changes between two saved files, but missing that feature isn’t worth taking a star away, because it does more than any other hex editor I’ve ever used, and it does it all very well. It’s worth the extra cost for the pro version, I found very quickly that the scripting support is very much necessary.