Developer: Voxeloid Kft.
Current Version: 1.0.2
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 4.5 MB - Download
After the many requests from users of the iOS version, Symbolic Calculator is now also available for OSX!
The perfect tool for students, teachers and engineers, built on an extremely powerful algebra engine, Symbolic Calculator is capable of helping with any kind of math problem. It offers all the advantages of an advanced graphing/scientific calculator mixed with the convenience of a bigger screen and full keyboard.
- Store unlimited number of variables, create custom functions
- Algebra: operations on polynomials, such expansion and factorization, collecting terms, division with remainder, etc.
- Calculus: derivatives, integrals, limits, taylor expansion, etc.
- Linear algebra: full support for matrix operations and many useful functions such as: determinant, rank, reduced echelon form, characteristic polynomial, etc.
- Solvers: equations or equation systems, symbolically or numerically, differential equations
- Full support for complex arithmetics
- Session management: export, import sessions or create PDF files
- Many other versatile built-in functions with descriptions and examples
Also check out the iPhone and iPad versions!
- bugfix for functions being unselectable in the list of custom definitions under some circumstances
- bugfix for "to numeric form" option not respecting selected degree/radian mode
- fix for a mistake in the help
Most Helpful Reviews
Handy tool for a math professor - This is a great little app for the price. It can do everything I need in a calculator as a math professor.
More Reviews for Current Version
Exactly what I needed, but... - This is perfect for algebra class. I haven’t taken algebra since 1993 and needed a good tool, this turned out to be the exact tool I needed. The only issue I have found is that once you delete a session, any session, the software stops letting you quit, you have to force quit. I also found that creating a new session populates the new session with the equations from the deleted session. No major issue, just annoying. Also, it is nice that you can switch an answer from symbolic to numeric, it would be nice to be able to switch it back.
Buggy... - This does a good job when it works, the equations I put in it are usually large and it has crashed multiple times. Now it got into a state where it just doesn’t want to work. Whatever simplification algorithm is on there is great, could be better. It takes my cosh and sinh and turns it into exponentials, must not be in library. It was easy to learn how to use. I would like to keep using but it keeps crashing. Please fix.
doesn’t seem to be working in Sierra - As in the title. . . entries are truncated, results are not shown at all, if it is calcuating any. Mac OS X Sierra